Did your wallet survive Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

I was actually planning to buy something audio-related this weekend, but in the end I got nothing at all (unless you count the Corsair K70 LUX mechanical keyboard with brown switches that I bought in part also for Renoise). I had missed a rather good sale for u-he’s Repro-5 ($86) and everything else on my list was Windows/Mac-only. After an episode with Windows 10 recently, I think a return to Linux is in my future, and so I don’t want to buy stuff that doesn’t support Linux. I still want a fun controller or a 61-81 keys MIDI keyboard, but I started researching too late and didn’t want to just buy something in a rush without really being sure that it is what I want.

What about you? Bought anything fun for your music hobby?

My inbox sure got spammed with a bunch of random deals, but I actually didn’t buy a single thing on sale this year.

I have plenty of stuff (plugins, games on Steam, etc) that I’ve bought in the past and still haven’t really used yet.

Quite a bad habit to simply throw money at the screen because we think we’re getting a great deal :slight_smile:

Spent 1.10€ herehttps://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1545:slight_smile:

Spent 1.10€ here(Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech) :slight_smile:

I was also considering this one. Seen it a few times before and thought it seemed a bit cheesy perhaps, but for that price it’s really quite a no-brainer.

However, once I saw that it requires iLok I immediately lost interest. More and more plugins — even complete freebies — are relying on this stuff lately, and I really find it quite annoying.

If I buy some software, download it, and back it up safely, then I want the assurance that I’ll be able to install and use it without restriction in the future, without relying on some authentication system that may be offline or non-existent.

Even if it is “just” the software implementation of iLok with no hardware dongle required, I simply do not need this challenge/response crap in my life.

I fully understand that developer’s need to protect themselves, but this system has always annoyed me… Meh!

I have plenty of stuff (plugins, games on Steam, etc) that I’ve bought in the past and still haven’t really used yet. Quite a bad habit to simply throw money at the screen because we think we’re getting a great deal :slight_smile:

Yep, it’s definitely a bad habit that I got a little bit better about in recent years. I only bought one DLC in the Steam Autumn Sale (the newest DLC for Redout, which I mostly play because of the amazing soundtrack), and it had just come out anyway so I would have bought it anyway. There are a few games I’d like to pick up, but Winter Sale is soon enough and really, I have an embarrassing amount of games as it is. I never got quite so irresponsible with plugins, but the ones that I want typically cost enough to think twice, even when they are on sale. (Will you have a Christmas sale for Glitch 2 this year again?)

Will you have a Christmas sale for Glitch 2 this year again?

Yep. End of year sale running from Dec 15 - 31 just like previous years.

I didn’t buy one single piece of audio gear this year!

…because I bought a switch instead. Although Korg has this coming, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to buy it the second it’s available.

http://gadget.korg.com/nintendo_switch/

I don’t buy a lot of sample banks but I couldn’t resist the “Back Friday” deal Samples From Mars is doing, everything they’ve released so far for $39US. So it covers all the classic drum machines, a bunch of synths, it’s quite a deal. Deal goes until Dec 1. I also picked up a few iPad synths. And I finally bought Redux, but that was a few weeks ago now

the closest i got was all products from samples from mars at $39 !

I actually spent time unsubscribing from the infinite companies trying to sell me shit