Digits VST 1.3 release (check it out!)

mine not working on same setup too

I just found this VST and had to necro this thread to sing some praises to it.

It runs great native on 64-bit Linux, using only 4.2% CPU on my 2-core AMD E1-1500.

In his README, the developer apologises for not having a GUI for the Linux version, but for me that’s a bonus, as fancy GUIs tend to just suck up CPU for no reason other than eye candy. Not that seeing something pretty hurts, but I’d much rather have more CPU left over for other effects and plugins. Besides, Renoise provides its own little GUI for it (see screenshot below), along with the ability to automate its settings, and that’s plenty. The only thing I’d like to see is more of the plugin’s settings at once (but maybe that’s a Renoise bug).

The sound is also great. Here is a little demo I made after less than a minute of randomly tweaking it on the first (and only) time I used this VST. No effects, automation, or processing of any kind have been applied to the sound. It’s pure, raw, Digits.

digits64_in_renoise.jpg

I just found this VST and had to necro this thread to sing some praises to it.

It runs great native on 64-bit Linux, using only 4.2% CPU on my 2-core AMD E1-1500.

In his README, the developer apologises for not having a GUI for the Linux version, but for me that’s a bonus, as fancy GUIs tend to just suck up CPU for no reason other than eye candy. Not that seeing something pretty hurts, but I’d much rather have more CPU left over for other effects and plugins. Besides, Renoise provides its own little GUI for it (see screenshot below), along with the ability to automate its settings, and that’s plenty. The only thing I’d like to see is more of the plugin’s settings at once (but maybe that’s a Renoise bug).

The sound is also great. Here is a little demo I made after less than a minute of randomly tweaking it on the first (and only) time I used this VST. No effects, automation, or processing of any kind have been applied to the sound. It’s pure, raw, Digits.

Sounds interesting, have to give this a go. Cheers for the bump.

p.s. If the developer is still around, are there still plans to release a 64bit win version?