Disable Chain In Track

the non-instrument tracks can be muted, soloed and turned off, the default behaviour of what the mute and solo buttons do can be changed in the preferences, the actual button is on the pre-fx track mixer device, you can see it on the lower pane of renoise, this is not automatable

Master Tick +1

Also good for rendering (please inside rendering dialogue, too)

• 3 states for devices:
    On: fx is on
    Off: fx is off, but still introduces PDC
    Bypassed: fx is off, no more PDC, doesn’t react on automation

So a third state for the on/off button would be needed. Bypass on right click for example. I got the idea… Err, or shift + LMB.

The master tick would bring all devices to the state “bypassed”. If unchecked again, the prior states will be restored, this can be on, off or bypassed. So the master tick doesn’t overwrite the states.

If one device state is changed while activated master tick, the mater tick will be disabled first and all states restored.

the non-instrument effect chains can be muted, soloed and turned off, the default behaviour of what the mute and solo buttons do can be changed in the preferences, the actual button is on the pre-fx track mixer device, you can see it on the lower pane of renoise, this is not automatable

Are you saying it’s possible to make the mute button in a tracks device chain behave like a “Bypass devices”?

If so, can you please explain how, I have been looking in the preferences without any luck.

While the Doofer solution is really good, I would still like something this simple.

^

Oh, if you want that, then no, however making a tool that does that is very trivial:

there’s no menu, search for the keybinding list for the tool name