Do many of you also own Redux or no?

Putting achenars wavescanning suggestion up in the renoise and the redux would make possible the nicen sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnG6z6Fgoyk

Also, why not put the whole of the renoise up in the redux?

Jupz. Bought it. I would buy every single thing the devs of renoise made. because I love renoise.

Same here. And how do you feel, now that Renoise has been mismanaged and neglected for 2+ years? :wink:

I am simply observing with great patience and curiosity what may come later.The feeling of constant abandonment can be very frustrating.But I found an escape route with the learning of LUA and the Renoise API to create tools. That’s why I’ve been very heavy asking many things in the scripting forums.I have learned a lot!But at the same time I am very aware that many people (me included) may be dissatisfied, frustrated, sad, or deeply disappointed, simply because Taktik is not there, although no one specifically mentions him, and has not delegated to anyone to offer continuity.

But not all are negative things. In forums I have almost always found solutions to my questions, and that alleviates the situation of discontent due to lack of updates. The only penalty is the usual one, that Taktik is not in the community. There is no more to add.

Anyway I do not do any illusions. I think this situation will be repeated again. Possibly Taktik will return someday, make some change and leave again. The problem is that now he does it for a too long period, and that is heartbreaking.

About buying Redux to support the development of Renoise. Yes, it seems to have been completely useless.I hope to see myself rewarded in some way in the not too distant future. Maybe at the end of 2018? Who knows?

Just got reminded of another usual benefit of my particular setup…

Pretty sure there is no other DAW of the Ableton, Bitwig or Logic ilk that also runs as a plugin inside another DAW, (Renoise in my case) apart from MPC software and Maschine which also qualify their own hardwares. VST plugins also load inside MPC and Machine and both can be controlled completely via Hardware. Renoise hosting vst MPC makes it 10 times easy to do any sort of liaison becos either way works, either I could have loaded Renoise into MPC which is not the case becos Renoise does not work as a vst plugin or vice versa, but hypothetically the other alternative works beautifully and MPC and Maschine both sync perfectly inside Renoise without any use of Rewire whatsoever. Even FLStudio loads as a plugin making it easier for FL users using Renoise, although no specific hardware for it. Also another benefit you can run many instances of the same plugin depending on some criteria like instances count and so on, but you can. Also multi out works very well too. Who said you can’t have the best of both(?), seems you only need one hand to clap with such a framework to make a buzz. Now why the hell would I use Redux at this point when I have ALL my MPC instances running inside Renoise with full hardware control of the plugin via MPC hardware and total keyboard control of Renoise along with a midi controller keyboard for real-time entry? This means near zero mouse useage for me at any given time.

For other hardwares they all go through my hardware mixer setup to get sampled via MPC software sampler or Renoise sampler, that is if they are not already sampled and effected into the MPC hardware via Line in or Mic,which can again get resampled locally in the unit and THEN sampled again into MPC software or Renoise to get pad arranged reincarnated as Programs inside MPC software and/or played or sequenced in either one. Again mouse use is nearly nonexistent. Try that convenience with your multi DAW setup, not so easy now eh?

I believe those using other DAWs sorely miss this benefit, especially the hardware esthetic and convenience of beatmaking setups versus more traditional DAWs including outliers like Ableton. Sure you can use Push and do lots of scene setups and loops but WITH other such softwares it does not fit in. It’s great for those who can stand the rather bland interface and NON tracking UI, Not too great for traditional beatmaking in my opinion but a lot of producers are using it along with Push to get that hardware and software melange. However its sonic algorithm signature and other oddities along with its click heavy workflow and stupid piano roll make me run far from it. Hardware loopers are 100 times better for such live stuff.

Using Redux is a compromise with other DAWs that cannot be loaded into Renoise and a second choice at best. If you could use Renoise sampler as vst no way Redux will survive as a plugin product.

Core benefits of my setup:

1. incorporates both traditions of beatmaking and tracking in one integrated framework

2. leverages hardware and total hardware unit control of software, MPC in my case.

3. leverages total keyboard control of Renoise, sorely lacking feature on any other DAW

4. time sync is airtight, no rewire dependencies, simple VST DLL plugin drag and drop setup

5. near zero mouse usage

6. copious use of hardware giving the real touch in productions

7. welcomes external audio input and sampling in all 3 modules, MPC hardware, MPC software and Renoise software. Very external hardware friendly setup

8. MPC and Renoise both work as standalones too so no dependencies at all and projects can be continued on either platform. Ideally speaking the MPC hardware too is more than enough for doing productions and except for involved Kontakt libraries, which can be sampled into MPC as complete phrases, for the most part MPC can do all of the sampling and sequenceing duties that is record worthy. For older models the limited RAM time is the only real limitation by today’s large memory standards. Everything else is classic. MPC X takes that leverage to an extreme and wins. MPC live packages standalone power and portability and great software too.

I am very skeptical about two things:

1. music software that requires a mouse to do everything

2. musicians who can’t play a real instrument (with exceptions)

Regarding plugins:
Keeping things simple, even while using large and complex libraries in Kontakt, once the sequences are individually saved to midi for future recall and the completed result bounced to audio, the mangling can be done yet again on either of the three platforms, and Kontakt can be safely dislodged after any pertinent settings are recorded or stored as a preset config. Similar with other romplers which can be collectively treated as nothing but sound sources similar to an external synth.

Field recordings work excellent as sample snippets or found sound audio file list for simple drag and drop use in a project. A hand held recorder can perform much of the recording duties when used with care and creativity…much to explore.

Finally keeping things simple and well streamlined really helps…a gazillion plugins and thunderbolt audio interfaces won’t neccesarily make your music worth anything but sticking to a simple studio setup and just two or three real instruments and genuine interest in the deeper aspects of music and music production can do wonders for both your musicianship and your daily productions…depending on which one you can or want to prioritise for leverage.

Just like in the travel and backpacking circles, the most well travelled have the lightest backpacks (also in terms of mental baggage). Also Lord Byron says that ‘the path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom’. So monkeying around with excess gear is all fine if you realise in the end that just using one also was enough the whole time…you actually gain some wisdom along the way…and tunes too.

Redux is useful if you have a large library of sample-based Renoise instruments.

For me it’s overkill as that is basically the opposite of how I use Renoise.
I use Renosie cos it has a tracker sequencer for VSTis and hardware, and occasionally sample patterns into the tracker’s sampler for the ol’ slice’n’dice.
I already have a VSTi sampler for other DAWs.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

If they made a Re-seq or whatever that was just the sequencer bit as a VST, then I’d buy that I guess.

So it really depends on your workflow with the whole Renoise imho.

Edit: “and hardware”

Now i have Redux too

It’s also the little things that make life easier
Redux (and Renoise) can be installed offline, thnx !!!

Redux (and Renoise) can be installed offline, thnx !!!

What do you mean by “offline”?

register online 1 times somewhere
after that it is possible to simply install it on any pc and start without internet or email confirmation or telephone

unfortunately, this is not self-evident
for comparison
ever tried to register windows since xp offline with telephone? it should work but does not work

Download the software from the Renoise backstage, put it on a USB stick and carry it with you.
There is no “online registration” as such, and especially not during installation.

But yeah, could imagine that in the future it won’t be easy to run a (non-linux) computer without internet…