Do not copy pattern section row when duplicating one or more patterns right underneath

Currently, when a pattern that is right after a pattern section row is duplicated, Renoise not only creates a duplicate of the pattern but also the pattern section row above it.

Peek 2023-12-20 18-38

Duplicating a block of patterns also does this but only if the top pattern in the block is right under a pattern section row.

Peek 2023-12-20 18-41

On the other hand, duplicating a pattern that is under a pattern section row, but it’s not right after it, duplicates the pattern without duplicating the pattern section row.

Peek 2023-12-20 18-42

The duplication of sections like this is really confusing. If I duplicate a block of patterns and see a bunch of sections duplicated as well, it makes me have to review what I did because seeing all those new sections makes it look like nothing happened. It’s hard to explain.

That said, the ideal situation is to allow sections to be selectable rows. If a user wants copy/paste or duplicate a section row, they should be allowed to do so by selecting it and performing the function, instead of Renoise deciding when to do so.

1 Like

The header travels with the pattern when duplicated. You can always close out duplicated headers if they are unnecessary or redundant