[Doc Error] SampleFader property: .devices[].mode (.scaling)

R3.2.4 x64 (Renoise.Song.API.lua)

I think it is necessary to change the following property inside the documentation:

renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].mode, _observable
to
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].scaling, _observable

Related Documentation

– renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice (inherits from renoise.SampleModulationDevice)

--------- Constants

renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice.SCALING_LOG_FAST
renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice.SCALING_LOG_SLOW
renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice.SCALING_LINEAR
renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice.SCALING_EXP_SLOW
renoise.SampleFaderModulationDevice.SCALING_EXP_FAST

-------- Properties

– Mode.
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].mode, _observable
-> [enum = OPERATOR]

– Start & Target value.
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].from
-> [renoise.DeviceParameter object, 0-1]
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].to

– Duration.
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].duration

– Delay.
renoise.song().instruments[].sample_modulation_sets[].devices[].delay

Note: Perhaps you prefer the name .mode for the SampleFader device property (modify it internally, instead of modifying the documentation). The LFO and Velocity Tracking use the .mode name also.

@taktik should check out this issue.

This indeed is a typo in the docs. It already is called scaling. Thanks.

@taktik should check out this issue.

No need to bump all those topics. I’m reading them either way.

1 Like

Thank you! Although documentation errors can be confusing, we can resort to printing to check properties or functions. I often read the documentation before printing.

On the other hand, I am reporting some stuff that I think needs to be addressed within the API. I do not intend to bombard you with new requests. I’m trying to build a fairly comprehensive tool that covers a lot of things related to all effects devices (track, sample, or modulation, …plugins) and it’s missing properties that are supposed to already be available, among other details.

Edit: This has been fixed in R3.3.0.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.