Does Renoise Intercept Caps Lock On Linux?

Is Renoise supposed to intercept the CAPS LOCK key and prevent the actual Caps Lock function from being activated, on Linux? For me it doesn’t, which means if I use CAPS LOCK to enter a Note Off event, I have to hit it again to also turn off all caps.

I can of course remap the key, but it seems an odd choice of default if the actual Caps Lock behaviour is not also disabled.

I don’t think it is disabled on windows or mac either.

Definitely doesn’t on Windows.

Huh, so you either have to always hit the key twice, hit it once and then switch to a different application/area and hit it again to disable, or accept that any typing you do (e.g. for instrument names) is going to be in ALL CAPS after you have inserted an odd number of Note Off events?

No disrespect to anyone but that keybinding doesn’t seem like a terribly bright idea from a UI perspective in this case. A single operation in one application shouldn’t also cause an unintentional, unrelated effect across the entire system.

EDIT: I wonder if it’s possible on Linux to just disable CAPS LOCK on a system-wide basis? It’s not like it’s actually useful for anything (that I do).

xmodmap -e “remove lock = Caps_Lock”

That works, thanks.

To think of it, caps lock is probably the most useless key ever, disabling it all together might actually be good idea for most of the people.

It is the most frustrating key…
In most cases hit accidentally and uSUALLY YOU FIGURE THAT OUT ONCE YOU HAVE TYPED IN A WHOLE LINE THAT YOU HAVE TO ERASE TILL START AND THEN RETYPE THE WHOLE SHIT AGAIN.

I look at the screen when I type and not the keyboard = no capslock mistakes. :ph34r:

Besides, depending on what keyboard you have, the capslock gives you that cozy glow when active. :D