Does Renoise run slower if many include .lua's in a script?

I’m wondering, is it relatively safe to split a main.lua to multiple .lua’s and use multiple includes, or is it a case of, the more .lua files you include in a script, the slower Renoise runs overall?

I’m thinking something like this:

DSPloaders.lua

ImpulseTrackerShortcuts.lua

Samplers.lua

Etc.lua

Main.lua

to keep editing slightly, well, cleaner. (am already in reboot v3 of Paketti, and the main.lua is at 1062 lines, if I put in the rest of the code, that’s 922+1642+199 - so a relatively unmanageable 4000 lines…)

So, what would be the best way to proceed with this? I am attempting to optimize the code by using for-loops to create multiple (1-16, f.ex.) shortcuts instead of having a line per each…

It’s safe and it’s a good thing. This will not affect Renoise’s overall “performance”. Initialization of the script may be a few milliseconds slower, but I don’t think you will be able to measure this difference in practice.

It’s safe and it’s a good thing. This will not affect Renoise’s overall “performance”. Initialization of the script may be a few milliseconds slower, but I don’t think you will be able to measure this difference in practice.

Thank you! I guess this will make things much much easier organization-wise :slight_smile: