[done 3.1] Instruments with FX are tied to one track?

It won´t.
Now you can distribute whole drum set (envelopes + effects) in one instrument, that is what fx chains are good for. It doesnt relate to comfortable edit.
Or what if i wanna send just one sound into track send? There is no logical and nice way how to do it.

It is the same as with Battery, you can assign FXs to different sound but you can also distribute that drum pack through different track for further customization (post-mix) and more comfortable editing. It doesnt stand against each other.

As long as the single drum tracks are accessible in the mixer and can be rendered automatically to individual waves when exporting, I don’t care how it is done internally. Right now, this is not possible.

And no, the the FX per sample will not become pointless then. I consider those to be different FX. These FX are for shaping the sound characteristics of the instrument (or single drum hit). FXs used during mixing, in the mixer, on a track, are on the other hand not used for sound design, but for making the instrument fit into the mix. These are two completely different uses of FX. Both have their place, but at entirely different stages during music production.

I cannot believe this hasn’t been fixed for the final version! Is there a single reason for the renoise instruments to behave different to VSTi? I mean, being tied to one track aside, it should at least behave like a VSTi (which is also tied to a single track). This is so inconsistent (and also less functional than the VSTi way!). How can such a big bug slip through? It has been mentioned here so many times.

It is a lacking functionality but it is certainly not a bug.
Redux also still has to be developed further and tested, this routing feature might be sorted out in there (I suspect it will be sorted out in there first) and then the idea will be ported to Renoise.

I’m not talking about multi out but about that single out works differently than single out VSTi!!! It’s not an additional feature but a mere question of consistency. It just works differently without any reason.
Every instrument with only one output should work exactly the same. At the moment this is not the case. Hence, this is a bug!

Without any “given” reason.
I’m sure there is a restrictive reason for it as it is not a small thing to overlook, but perhaps it is hard to explain to anybody not having a programmers background.
If it would have been possible to solve easily, i consider the devs would have done it from the start as such feature is frankly quite a logical 1+2

Well, there are a lot of logical small and basic things which haven’t been addressed, so I am not sure if this explanation holds…but anyway, let’s just hope it gets addressed soon.

+1 To multiple outputs/sends/auxs/buses in the instrument/sampler FX chain/being able to send FX chains to send tracks, rather than just other effects chains.

This is a pretty standard feature in ALL other DAWs that I’ve come across. It seems completely counter intuitive not to have this. It would help workflow so much in.

To the more experienced users here + developers, is this an addition that is likely to be made any time soon?

i were sent here by taktik (from https://forum.renoise.com/t/custom-instrument-vs-instrument-rendered-from-vst/42495)…all i see here is broken dreams, scorched radioactive desert and a need to swallow a poison pill instantly.

I concur with Fladd at all times, especially in comment #57.I see that this issue takes months without solution about routes and FX Chains in Instrument using multiple tracks.

Refloating hope this issue, butmaybehas already been solved for the release of Renoise 3.1.I have been discussing this issue in other parts of the forum.

Regards! :slight_smile:

I’m also facing this problem. Is renoise 3.1 fixing this ?

Individual instrument DSP chains can now be routed to tracks in Renoise - making sample based instruments behave much like a multi-channel plugin.

I did not try the 3.1 version yet.

Is Renoise 3.1 fixing this ?

Yep. Just as the release notes say, Renoise 3.1 instruments can now behave more like multi-timbral plugins, where each output (in our case, each DSP chain within the instrument itself) can be routed to a specific track. You will still need to set up the routings yourself, but it is at least possible.

Yes, routing to different tracks is now possible in 3.1.

Maybe the admins could add a “(< 3.1)” to topic or whatever for instant clarification.

Nice :yeah: I’ll give it a try !