[done] Add A Filter To The Signall Follower

there are always workarounds but that’s not the point at all… i could as well do a phantom track that would be quiet and filtered to trigger the signal , but I believe that small addition like built in filter would help a lot, and if you use lots of signall followers you can’t make x sendtracks because of it …

No, of course not. I myself would love to see a filter added natively to the device, as I said in my earlier post. It’d also be nice to have a gain adjustment which affected the trigger but was not heard, which I think BYTE or someone else already mentioned at some point (too hung over to remember exactly where right now, heh).

I guess this is probably too sci-fi , but if there was a way to do parallel effecting in a dsp signal chain, then we could probably do all this without needing special metadevices or built in features - maybe it wouldn’t have to be visual but you would just “lock” the device to certain other device in chain and set dry/wet ratio for it ?

now we have chain like this 1-2-3-4-5 and maybe send at the end
now let’s say number 3 would be the signal follower… you would add a filter (6) and “lock” it to #3 so it would only accept filtered signal, but it wouldn’t change the overall sound

just brainstorming here, I’m aware that this kind of routing would need much more complex update for renoise but I guess it might work nicely ?

Yah, twas me :P

what you did dblue was great. but yeah. +1 for the built in filter for the signal-follower.

just a simple LPF and HPF sliders I think.

I hope I don’t sound im-patient. but will 2.5 when it comes out definitly be getting a filter?

I swear if it does ill buy the license twice!! love the dev team so much! and it seems cruel on them that it’s a low price.

+1 for filter and input gain controls, yes please!

Playing more and more with the envelope follower here… i’d also like to get a filter inside it if possible. Currently it’s pretty awesome already, also the new cabinet effect is great for some nasty basses. Here is some track idea, which is native Renoise work, except the pad and a VST on the master to keep bass freqencies centered.

http://soundcloud.com/beatslaughter/sketch

:ph34r:

yeps. +1

+1 to this suggestion! It seems a bit strange that you can’t route signal follower to previous tracks, so you have to use workarounds like this:
http://agargara.iiichan.net/misc/074.xrns

it’s intentinal. it’s to stop any feedback problems or something.

“Oops! This link appears to be broken.”

Oops! Sorry, for some reason it linked to 075 when I wrote 074. Should be fixed now.