[done] Netbook Support (small screen support)

The next version checks your desktop size, if it is large enough to display Renoise in the minimum 1024*768 range, the lower and upper frames will never be hidden, noteve when you try to drag it to its minimum, because you won’t be able to reach the bare minimum on a normal desktop size.
If the desktop sizes are in the Netbook range, the frames will disappear. This just has to be carefully tested in the upcoming RC.

Thanks Renoise team. I was setting up a new netbook today and decided to check on this, and am thrilled to see the change. I promptly installed it and am thrilled to see it working. :D

Hi there.
I got the Acer Aspire one last week, nice little thing. renoise works fine for me on it. I dont use vsts (apart from a couple of the renoise standard ones) and only mono samples so i dont have CPU issues

But the issue I do have is the view and switching between views. Would be remedied by one keyboard shortcunt* so when I’m out live I can just hit it and not have to fiddle with the drop downs. Is this a possibility.

Another thing I thought of, not tested the theory yet, but would it be possible to map a controller to flick between view with one button?

Thanks.

*I liked this typo so much, I’m keeping it.
:drummer:

Hmmz… F1 to F7 function keys don’t work out for you on a netbook to switch (custom made) views?

Rightclick on any of those to store your current layout and click on it to recall or press the corresponding function key…

Mapping MIDI controllers to other objects than sliders is on the list though…

Thanks Vv… I aware of this function yeh.
Sorry, I wasnt clear enough in my post…
Im actually talking about ‘show lower frame’ - ‘show upper frame’ option from the ‘view’ drop-down menu… Im trying to figure out a way of flicking between the two without having to go into the menu each time i need a quick change.

Thanks

Edit => Preferences => Keys => View => Show/Hide Lower(/Upper) Frame

assign the shortcut of your choice

Thanks It-Alien. Made my day.
:)

I wish that renoise had more font options or the ability to scale it’s interface in accordance to the desired reolution.

I am using a 1080p monitor and everything is so TINY. I have the font set to the largest size, but it’s still difficult for me.

Am I overlooking something?

If I don’t use the LCDs native res than it looks awful…

I loved it at 1024 by 768 - the controls and buttus were very easy to deal with. I wish I had an option within renoise to make the control panels LARGER to scale better with such a high resolution display…

If you want to change the fonts… then change the fonts…:
[path_to_your]\Renoise 2.1.0\Skin\Fonts

I would also like to see some scaling option myself. Changing the font works to an extent, but the controls themselves do not scale and it looks even worse than working in the non-native resolution of the screen.

As computer screen resolution becomes higher, this is definitely something that needs to be done eventually.

Is it me or minimum vertical res is back to 700?

Did you test this on a netbook or something with less resolution?
according to me, the space that Renoise uses is redused only when the resolution is lower.
If you have plenty resolution you won’t be able to drag Renoise into this size.

Oh now it makes sense.

Thanks.