[done] One-shot Lfo Mode

This is what I was talking about.
A simple “continous broadcast” tick box could solve it, but for the sake of transparency a new meta device may be preferable.

The LFO device would then have continous broadcast and be a simple “infinity machine”, while the Envelope device would depend on loop points to decide the behaviour.

It would possibly even make the device row look neater since you’d tell LFOs from envelopes at a glance.

In the song I’m working on I now have 6 tracks each using exactly the same sample and effects, volume, etc. The difference is each has a different shape one-shot lfo envelope adjusting the filter3 cutoff, since multiple one-shots changing the same parameter wont work in a single track due to the continue broadcasting ‘feature’. I have to start the sample in one track and trigger the one-shot then simultaneously stop the sample, start it in another track and trigger the one-shot in that track and so on.

This would be SO much easier if I could use a single track and trigger each of the one-shot lfo’s as and when I required them, as would have worked in a earlier v2 beta before this ‘feature’ was added.

If this can’t be fixed for the final v2 release, PLEASE can it be prioritised for the next update? I don’t mind if it’s a continuous broadcast tick box, or the super powerful ability to add loop points to the envelope - any solution would be good right now!

Thanks…

A audio stream threshold for the LFO’s Reset would be cool.

Like the native Gate device, instead of lowering the volume, audio dynamics would trigger the envelope.

Pitch recognition for the LFO’s Reset would be cool too, but that’s a whole different can of worms.

This kind of thinking/request is probably influenced by createdigitalmusic’s recent article on Diego Stocco’s video series (feedforward sounds).

I didn’t pay to watch it, maybe in the future I will, but I was just thinking “how would this be possible in Renoise ?”.