Doofer, Hydra (and any others) to retrigger on fresh input of current

The problem:

The following dev chains don’t do what you’d want them to:

Key-tracker -> Hydra -> LFO.Reset
Key-tracker -> Doofer-> LFO.Reset
Key-tracker -> Hydra -> Doofer-> LFO.Reset
Key-tracker -> Doofer-> Hydra -> LFO.Reset

The LFO is only reset when there’s a change of note value at the Key-tracker (i.e. the same note played twice, only triggers once).
This is counter-intuitive and leads to much confusion and forum searching for us poor neophytes.

Current solution:

Bizarre workarounds (see for example: How to put make an lfo reset in a doofer ? , http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/39754-solved-pattern-commands-inst-macros-lfo-reset).

Proposed solution:

Doofers, Hydras (and any other devices exhibiting the same behaviour) should the same way for all notes.

For backwards compatibility and to accommodate differing usage patterns, this {could|should} be a configurable option in the device’s context menu.

I’ve seen a couple of explanations in the forums of how to work around this idiosyncrasy, but implementing this option would smooth the learning curve and simplify workflow.

Yeah, i was having problems with an envelope reset within a doofer, worked around by resetting two times in a row, the first time off by 1, and the second time to desired value.