Drillnbass

This is not a phenomenon unique to breakcore, nor any other type of music. It is no more or less possible to make compelling music in a breakcore framework than it is in a string quartet framework or a rock framework.

If you think VSnares and Squarepusher have a lot of imitators, the number of Radiohead imitators will BLOW YOUR MIND.

But I think you knew that, you’re just trying to get a rise out of people.

Wooooooahh, slow down man

YOU! yeah YOU! What made you want to start making music??? I reckon in most cases… apart from like mozart… you heard/saw/experienced someone elses music first and thought that was amazing i wish i could do something like that… you then go and try to make something which is heavily influenced by that artist

If your just starting out, it makes no sense to go out and try and make your own pioneering sound… wtf… it would be shit… you have to learn from other people, see what makes other peoples music good…

Examples: The Beatle’s Chords, Venetian Snares glitch freak out drum roll thing, Benga’s bass

They are all amazingly good artists, but the thing is none of them started off thinking yeah thats a particular sound i want… thats impossible… they all learned from other people they were listening too and added their own twist to it

you have to learn the basics of a genre first and then from there be able to make it your own…

there’s an amusing quote from kode9 where he’s talking about genres of electronic music, and how you get into one and buy loads of records until suddenly you realise you’ve been sucked in to buying the same record over and over again.

Hahaha, so true! In Kode9’s case, also RELEASING the same record over and over again :P