Duplex 0.92

In my current live situation I have to wait to load the next song.Apart from the cheering of the crowd, this is really lame.
My aim is to load all the songs into one xrns file and go trough the songs in the order I want at that moment by a push on a button.
besides from that I want to add tracks next to the ‘normal’ songs with variations of the song in it.
maybe even some loops to do a live jam. So I’m exploring what I can achieve with scripting and if that’s enough for me.
I already saw that Ableton Live, pretty much, answers all my biddings, but I’m so used to Renoise, I want to exploit the current possibilities to the max.

Will completely trash the old bundle (except the *.xml in the bundle root) in the next beta before updating the bundle, so we hopefully get rid of such probs in other tools as well…

A small bug report:

• start Duplex, Remote SL MKII
  • add 8 or more than 8 devices into a track in Renoise
  • select the track. in this track also select the 8th or any device behind the 8th one in Renoise
  • click on any of the device selector buttons in the Duplex virtual UI (second button row from top)

->

.\Duplex/Applications/Effect.lua:311: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
.\Duplex/Applications/Effect.lua:311: in function ‘on_change’
.\Duplex/UIToggleButton.lua:187: in function ‘__invoke_handler’
.\Duplex/UIToggleButton.lua:154: in function ‘toggle’
.\Duplex/UIToggleButton.lua:91: in function ‘do_press’
.\Duplex/UIToggleButton.lua:233: in function ‘handler’
.\Duplex/MessageStream.lua:208: in function ‘input_message’
.\Duplex/Display.lua:438: in function ‘generate_message’
.\Duplex/Display.lua:485: in function <.\Duplex/Display.lua:483>

For those checking out source directly from http://code.google.c…source/checkout, Duplex and all the other tools have been updated for Renoise 2.6 beta7

Also, the bug above has been fixed

Hi,

I just got a novation zero sl mkII and I’m trying to use it with renoise through duplex and automap. In the duplex browser it says "load the provided automap configuration before using (the file is located in controllers/remote-sl-mkII). Where on earth is this file? I’m on OS X.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I didn’t think it was worthy of it’s own thread.

The file is included in the Duplex XRNX package. After installing, it will be here:

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.6.0/Scripts/Tools/com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx/Duplex/Controllers/Remote-SL-MKII/Remote-SL-MKII.automap

Found it now, thanks for the help. Just out of curiosity how accessible is lua for programming noobs? I’d like to improve the novation sl mkII functionality in duplex but I’m not really sure what the limits are. Is it possible to have effects parameters pop up on the sl screen instead of just midi cc? Is any further development planned with getting duplex to play nicer with automap?

Thanks

If this is the only way to update the display, I think you’re stuck with CCs for now - Automap isn’t supported natively by Renoise, and therefore, not Duplex.

Hello, does it work with a apc40 ?

You are referring to this thread? Baze did some investigation into the APC, but at the time (mid-august) Duplex wasn’t really ready to support the APC, but it should be fully capable now.
So, if anyone wants to make a control-map for the APC 40/20, just say the word.

i just installed beta8 of renoise 2,6 and at start-up theres a error message regarding duplex

mainlua:184: attempt to call method `add´ (a nil value)
stack traceback :
mainlua:184: in main chunk

EDIT:it seems to get solved when downloading and installing it again after installing the beta8

Hello thank you so much. How can I do?

Wow, if you want to participate, that’s great!
You have an APC40 or APC20? Because we should really try to support both machines if possible :slight_smile:

Let’s also exchange ideas about the best possible way to use this controller. It’s a shame not to put up a “grand vision” first, like: I want to be able to do this and by pressing this button, that thing happens, etc.

I’ll put a basic control-map template together ASAP, so we have something to get started with…

Danoise, you are one driven person, I thank you for that! Great work.

I have a apc40, I m not a coder, and my english is poor, but tell me what to do and I ll execute, how can I help?

Hey TouchOSC iPad users, i’ve “ported” the layouts that the iphone version comes with to the iPad. so for example, now you can get the Simple layout working on it.
TouchOSC_default_layouts_ipad.zip

I’m afraid I got the same bug as I had in post 8 of this thread. Running 0.94 / beta8 now.

Thanks for reporting this! Will fix ASAP Should be fixed now on both tool page & SVN

Have a look at this:

This could be the configuration that automatically starts when you plug in the APC and start Renoise.

On the actual device, the grayed-out controls are the ones that are unmapped (but they can be mapped using normal MIDI mapping == best of both worlds)

The grayed-out items in the lists are unassigned application methods. If you think some of these are too cool to be left out (pattern loop? schedule next/previous pattern?), it’s your job to figure out a better layout :wink:

An interface builder, sure. But it’s a hell of a lot of work to code, just to generate a pretty simple XML file. Also, it needs to be done only once per controller.
But I can see the advantages when it comes to building “imaginary” controllers én masse…

However, I’d rather invest some of that time bringing a visual/interactive mapping dialog into life (no more need to mess with lua files, and less chance of screwing up things)