Duplex 0.92

Indeed, fixed! Thanks again dude :)

p.s. the UI mapping dialog sonds like a good way forward. Would save some of us ‘coding novices’ I’m sure!

Is there an application in duplex for playing notes?
for example so you can use a matrix to play drums/melody

I haven’t spent enough time digging, but before I go chasing I thought I’d ask - where is there information on building my own controller map for a piece of midi gear? I prefer using the actual knobs on the synths usually but I have gotten accustomed to being able to remote control synths from the daw… I was always hoping this day would come w/ renoiose!

In particular I’m anxious to get a dash built for the waldorf microwave xt. there are so many parameters that don’t even have knobs on that orange monster.

Thanks

Depends on what you mean by “play”. There is a StepSequencer application that can turn a Launchpad, or any other grid controller, into a (surprise!) step sequencer. I’m also working on another type of sequencer that doesn’t require a grid controller.
But if what you meant was to trigger notes in realtime, like a ‘drum-pad’, then unfortunately that’s not possible in the Renoise API at the moment.

There is no documentation on how to write a control-map, except what is written inside the class file itself, ControlMap.lua. But perhaps it would make more sense to simply look at one of the existing control-map that Duplex comes with? Find a controller that is reasonably close to what you want, and use that as a starting point. After all, control-maps are simply XML files and can be written using any text editor.

aksn, have you come up with any updates for your Maschine Duplex template?