Duplex and launchpad mk2 - expand it?

I’ve been using a launchpad mk2 script from somewhere on this forum and it works well on the whole. But I recently did a live show using ableton and the Nativekontrol Arsenal script, and that treats the launchpad like layers of control and you can change what the layers are. It gives you a lot of control over many aspects and makes it simple and quick to change areas/layers.

This got me thinking about Duplex, I have set it up but mostly can’t be bothered to move it and set it up. So, in order to try to use my controller more I am thinking about using the states function to create a sort of shift button to toggle another set of mappings.

My plan is to use the mixer button as a momentary state button so when you press it the top left pad will be a record/edit pad ideally in red when enabled, there will be next and previous script pads maybe top right, and maybe a row of track mutes. So the state creates a navigation patch and quick place start recording or mute some tracks.

From reading the documentation it seems this is all fairly easily possible (although a massive challenge for me) and I think I understand how to do some of it at least but are there any other controller scripts that use states that I can have a look at? Any other thoughts on this approach?

My plan is to use the mixer button as a momentary state button so when you press it the top left pad will be a record/edit pad

Indeed, the state feature could provide that functionality, or something very close to it.

If you want to see an actual, working example of states, try launching the “launchpad keyboard” configuration. Check out how it works, and then study the controlmap itself?

1 Like