Duplex: APC40 MKII

Yoyoyo,

if I’m correct, there is no APC40 MKII layout for duplex. I just created the files if someone is interested:

Download:
APC40MKII.lua (3.4 KB)
APC40MKII.xml (15.8 KB)
MatrixEffectNavigatorTransportMixer.lua (4.4 KB)

How to install:
0) make sure you have installed Duplex (e.g. open Renoise, click “Tools”, then you should see and entry “~Duplex”)

1. open Renoise
  2. click “Tools” then “Scripting Terminal & Editor…”
  3. in the terminal select Duplex folder: User Scripts -> Tools -> com.renoise.duplex -> Duplex
  4. right click on “Controllers” then “Reveal Directory in File explorer…”
  5. copy and paste folder “APC40” and rename to “APC40MKII”
  6. delete all files inside the new folder but keep the subfolders (“Controlmaps”, “Configurations”) and the file “APC40.bmp”. Rename “APC40.bmp” to “APC40MKII.bmp”.
  7. copy “APC40MKII.lua” and “APC40MKII.bmp” to folder “APC40MKII”,
  8. copy “APC40MKII.xml” to “Controlmaps”, copy “MatrixEffectNavigatorTransportMixer.lua” to “Configurations”
  9. in renoise click “Tools” -> “Reload all Tools”
  10. you should now be able to use APC40MKII (“Tools” -> “~Duplex” -> APC40 MKII)

Note: You can’t use the APC40 (MKI) file as the matrix buttons deliver different midi messages and also the sysex-midi-message is different. In the APC40MKII.lua file I changed the class to define some colors. Up to now I only defined some colors like green, red, blue, pink ect. but way more colors are possible with the APCMKII (feel free to modify the colors). I also created a .bmp file with the MKII picture but there is an error when duplex loads this file.

cheerz,
JRxd

1 Like