Duplex - Assign 2 groupnames to mappings

I have two sets of dials in my controlmap.xml that I want to map to parameters of the Effect application. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations, but I can’t get the syntax right :slight_smile:

So my question is, how can I assign group_name twice for DialSet01 and DIalSet02? As you can see I’ve tried to separate two groups with a comma, but that doesn’t work.

Effect = {
      mappings = {
        parameters = {
          group_name = "DialSet 01","DialSet 02"
        },
      }
    },

This als also doesn’t work, any ideas?

Effect = {
      mappings = {
        parameters = { group_name = "DialSet 01"},
        parameters = { group_name = "DialSet 02"},
      }
    },
    Effect = {
      mappings = {
        parameters = { group_name = "DialSet 01"}, }
      mappings = {
        parameters = { group_name = "DialSet 02"}, }
      }
    },

I would also like to know if this is ever possible…
I also tried to use same group_name twice in the controlmap script, but the last call undefines the definition done by the first call…
Maybe we could use the “index” attributes here inside the second call, to keep the first mapping and just stack new buttons inside the same already defined array of used buttons for this group_name ?

I think i found the trick…to be confirmed!!!..
In your example with 2 v-pot areas named “DialSet1” and “dialSet2” in your controlmap definition,
you could do the mapping by :

Effect = {
mappings = {
parameters = {
group_name = “DialSet*”
},
}
},
(note the * character at the end of the group-name.)
Then DialSet* will be an array composed by both arrays “DialSet1” & “DialSet2”

Thanks for sharing your findings. At the moment I’m not into setting up my liveset, but I sure will be in the near future and then test it.

Finally got interested in going further with my liveset :slight_smile: I’ve tried your mapping, but only the first dial of Dialset1 and the first dial of Dialset2 are working. The other dials are not responding.

Did you get it working? Any ideas? Thanks!