Duplex beginner needs some help : tracknames/Mixer App

(Spyda) #1

Hi all,

i am totally new to LUA/Duplex (and kinda to coding in general), but made my way through the tuts and working since few days on the really nice Duplex-TouchOSC scripts - great stuff! :yeah:

Atm I am trying to modify/combine different applications to make a multiple-page controller for my Galaxy S10 - and guess i need some basic help with some stuff i havent found here yet…

1. Tracknames

Is there a easy way to get the tracknames, so i can show em as text in a “label” in the Mixer? Tried to set a simple gainereffect and renamed it, but the Effect-application shows the effect-type - not the name -_- Like the instrument labels in Mlrx, only for tracknames :smiley:

2. Mixer

Mute/Solo works like a charm, but how to create a “unmute / unsolo all” -button?

Thanks all in advance!!

(danoise) #2

Hi Spyda, good to hear that the TouchOSC layouts were handy examples :slight_smile:

As for your questions/suggestions,

1. Tracknames

Is there a easy way to get the tracknames, so i can show em as text in a “label” in the Mixer? Tried to set a simple gainereffect and renamed it, but the Effect-application shows the effect-type - not the name -_- Like the instrument labels in Mlrx, only for tracknames :smiley:

2. Mixer

Mute/Solo works like a charm, but how to create a “unmute / unsolo all” -button?

You have understood things right, the Mixer application does not provide either track-name labels or a global unmute button ATM.

Both are not that hard modifications to make (Duplex/Applications/Mixer.lua). However, as a beginner it might be a bit much…

But if you can wait, I’ll promise to add both features for the next release (happens pretty regularly).

Happy holidays!

(Spyda) #3

Hey danoise and thx for the fast reply!

Hi Spyda, good to hear that the TouchOSC layouts were handy examples :slight_smile:

Absolutly… they are really great to see how the stuff works and finding into it how to modify :smiley:

You have understood things right, the Mixer application does not provide either track-name labels or a global unmute button ATM.

Yea, thats right what i would love to add - plus global unsolo - that would make the mixer much more handy for me, esp on trackswitch :walkman:

Both are not that hard modifications to make (Duplex/Applications/Mixer.lua). However, as a beginner it might be a bit much…

But if you can wait, I’ll promise to add both features for the next release (happens pretty regularly).

Oh wow, that would be awesome… Meanwhile I ll try my best , maybe i find something (doubt tho hehe)

Is there any “request topic” for the mixer btw?

Happy holidays!

Same to you and the Renoise Team! Get good into the new year all… :drummer: