Duplex Beta Versions

Is there some kind of version control server place for duplex, like github or svn? How do i submit new code?

Yes, there is a repository - all the API documentation and official tools by the Renoise team are located here:
https://code.google.com/p/xrnx/

But, this is read-only access. Simply post any code as a link or PM me ( Iā€™m the maintainer of Duplex, so Iā€™ll be sure to respond).

Great! Still, itā€™s not perfect. But at least, you can assign a shortcut to show the Duplex browser and then hit the F keys :slight_smile:

What I would like to make is ā€œproperā€ keyboard and MIDI mappings for some of the non-application aspects of Duplex.
Since Duplex has been capable of ā€œhybrid mappingsā€ for a few versions now (using a combination of traditional one-to-one mappings and then bi-directional communication), it would make a lot of sense to introduce mappings such as these:

• [Next] / [Previous] configuration for the selected device
  • [Set] the active configuration for the selected device (1 to 16 would seem more than enough)
  • [Show] / [Hide] / [Toggle] the Duplex browser dialog

Those would seem like the essential ones?
With this approach, there would be no need to add a SwitchConfiguration, unless you wanted the switching ability to be ā€œalways thereā€, completely avoiding manual MIDI mapping (a key features of Duplex, but I digressā€¦)

A new beta version has arrived, just a few contributed features and bugfixes
@E-Fir: your additions have (finally!) been merged into the official distribution :slight_smile:

Download: Duplex Beta Versions

Core  
* FIXME MIDI pass-on got ignored when message was not handled by any controls  
* FIXME: UISlider / value at ā€œturnaround pointā€ was ignored  
* INTERNAL remove print() statements in favor of LOG()   
* FEATURE Duplex now support Program Change as standard MIDI-message type  

Browser  
* Expanded set of key/MIDI mappings   
 - [Next] / [Previous] configuration for the selected device  
 - [Set] the active configuration for the selected device  
 - [Show] / [Hide] the Duplex browser dialog  

Recorder  
* FIXME issue with ā€œautostartā€ option (broke the recording workflow)  

Matrix  
* FIXME trigger in schedule mode could schedule a pattern on the wrong page  

TrackSelector  
* New mappings: ā€œnext_trackā€,ā€prev_trackā€ (UIButtons, replaces UISpinner)  
* New mappings: ā€œnext_pageā€,ā€prev_pageā€ (UIButtons, replaces UISpinner)  
* FEATURE: Hold prev/next track to select first/last track  

So uuhhhā€¦itā€™d be really really cool to be able to use this with Renoise 3ā€¦

Indeed! Nothing too special needs to change, I just need the time to make themā€¦
Will bump this topic once itā€™s ready

Canā€™t. Wait. Doofer.

Bump!

I have updated Duplex for Renoise 3.0, download is located here

I promised phrase support stuff for mlrx, but only managed to make it a ā€œfeature previewā€ (you can trigger phrases but the running lights may, or may not, display correctly).

Other than mlrx, it seems only the Keyboard application was affected by the API changes, so everything should work.

Great work! Thank you yet again!

Thank you!

thank for the update danoise!

Thank you, danoise! This tool+bcr2000+renoise is the best setup I can imagine right now for linux.
Had to edit the BCR-2000.lua, the workaround for getting MIDI feedback, no problems so far B)/>

Cool, thanks. Nice that you could dig into the code and figure out how to enable this feature yourself :slight_smile:

That the MIDI feedback is disabled for the BCR is actually a bit of a surprise to me - the sister model, the BCF, is a bit troublesome in this regard - if the unit is not in mint condition, the motorised fader canā€™t always set itā€™s position precisely, thus making the controller getting stuck in an endless trying-to-set-the-position loop.
But even then, I guess this should be explained somehow, because many BCF units will work just fine and then itā€™s a bit of a shame not to know about the full duplex feature.

I think the next release of Duplex should re-enable this for the BCR

That depends on if the encoder of the motor is working properly (iā€™m not sure if the motor has rotary encoder wheels attached or is using a positional strip). Imho, if that part is failing, the person should definitely return the unit for repair.
But i must admit that the BCF is responding quite slower to the fader positions when the speed of the motor is set very high (faders smashing against the panel boundaries).
Iā€™m not sure if this feedback can be controlled any better, specially not if the envelopes are programmed to process data at high speeds.
I did some attempts by trying to gradually feed values to the feeders, but it only shatters the positions when trying to dose values.

Thanks danoise.

Just have bought a korg nanokontrol 2 and here is another ļ¾Ÿā˜†,ļ½”ļ½„::ļ½„ļ¾Ÿā˜…o(Ā“ā–½ļ½€)/ā™ŖThank Youā™Ŗļ¼¼(Ā“ā–½ļ½€)oļ¾Ÿā˜…,ļ½”ļ½„::ļ½„ā˜†ļ¾Ÿ.

Sssoo,
i built myself a midibox ng controller and made a basic duplex configuration with ā€˜Mixerā€™ and ā€˜Effectā€™ mappings for it.

working great so far, except for:

• the ā€˜Passing unhandled midi messages to renoiseā€™ option doesnā€™t actually filter out the mapped controls for me, it sends all midi messages to renoise!

and, as a feature request ā€¦ a ā€œlocked to specific dsp deviceā€-mapping would be very nice imo.

iā€™ld like to have one config where the encoders are mapped to all the send devices on a per-track basis, then another config where all (48) of the encoders are mapped to parameters of the current selected track (EQ, comp, ā€¦) eg.
one would have to specify the device-ID-string (Audio/Effects/Native/#Send), and the number of the instance, or just the name maybe, and could then have a mapping for a group of controls. obviously, one would need more than one of these mappings, i guess a fixed number should do tho.
i looked into the code of the RoamingDSP, XYPad and Repeater applications, but having a bit of a hard time getting started (:
is there any plans for implementing something like this?
cheers & thx for the update :)

This is strange. I just tested with my Remote SL, and here it works fine (on pads, buttons and sliders).
Are you sure that you have de-selected your controller from the MIDI input in the Renoise prefs? When running Duplex, you need to let it take over controlā€¦
If this is not solving your issue, you could perhaps share the configuration, allow me to take a closer look?

I guess you want something like the Effect, but with the ability to display specific device(s). Ah yes, this is why the roamingDSP class was invented - I too needed a way to lock mappings. Not sure how to best deal with this, but let me think about it.

Btw: Very nice & sturdy looking controller. Congrats!

i deactivated all midi inputs in the preferences, issue remains.
itā€™s not completely consistent actually, sometimes i get midi notes from the mute buttons eg, sometimes i donā€™t.
what allways ā€˜worksā€™ is the pitchbends (the motor faders are assigned to pitchbend messages atm, i will change that soon-ish) ā€¦ they do send pitchbend values to the current instrument.
config is still quite a mess: http://pastebin.com/JpKZLLfi controlmap: http://pastebin.com/txM8BMmu
renoise 3b7

Here is a nasty situation:

macbook pro running osx 10.9.2 + r3b7, also ipad4 on iOS 7.0.1

Iā€™ve installed duplex for renoise and touch osc for iPad (also installed renoise template for touch osc iPad), Iā€™ve checked all the ports/firewalls/setting in and out, BUT HERE IS THE STATE: touch osc on iPad is receiving states from Renoise, it means if i do something in renoise/duplex on mac i see how the sliders/encoders and buttons work on touch osc iPad = means touch osc receiving everything from renoise.

If i try to move slider/push buttons/ rotate encoders on iPad , i see signals going out of touch osc , but nothing happens in Renoise at all.

Please, can anyone help me with this? What am i doing wrong here?

@danoise PLEASE!

here is some screenshots btw

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14951157/pics/Photo%2018-03-14%2001%2006%2025.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14951157/pics/Photo%2018-03-14%2001%2006%2036.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14951157/pics/Photo%2018-03-14%2001%2006%2049.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14951157/pics/Photo%2018-03-14%2001%2007%2007.jpg