Duplex Beta Versions

From what I can gather, you’ve set the IP address (‘host’) to the same IP address as your iPad. This should be the IP address of your Mac?

To see the IP address of your Mac:

Hmm, in the config file I can conclude that you are referencing a device class ‘MidiboxDC’ - but you haven’t linked to this file.

It looks like you are basing it off the Mackie-Control class? That would explain using pitch bend for faders, I guess :slight_smile:

THANKS A LOT! SOLVED ^______^

Yep, i started with the Mackie-Control class & config.

class "MidiboxDC" (MidiDevice)  

function MidiboxDC:__init(display_name, message_stream, port_in, port_out)  
 TRACE("MidiboxDC:__init", display_name, message_stream, port_in, port_out)  

MidiDevice.__init(self, display_name, message_stream, port_in, port_out)  

self.allow_zero_velocity_note_on = true  
end  

I do actually get pitchbend values sent to the instruments when i run the mackie config too. With the ‘pass unhandled MIDI to renoise’ option enabled, that is. That would suggest that the forwarding does happen in Duplex somewhere i suppose?

Tried to install the new Duplex for v3 but got this error, what should I do? Running Windows 7 x64. Thanks!
edit: added GlobalMidiActions.lua to Scripts folder, currently getting these 2 errors now

Thanks for the heads-up. I need to take a closer look at the MidiActions application - however I couldn’t recreate your bug.
In fact, I am not really sure what the bug is blink.gif

Tried to install the new Duplex for v3 but got this error

Could you please share the error message again (I guess you edited the post since it first appeared) ?
Otherwise, I don’t really know what to look for…

edit: added GlobalMidiActions.lua to Scripts folder, currently getting these 2 errors now

Hmm…you seem to have copied an old/obsolete version of those files - UPPER_FRAME_DISK_BROWSER was removed in 3.0, and shouldn’t be part of the Renoise resources anymore. Perhaps you didn’t uninstall last beta before installing new one?

To save you from a reinstall, try downloading these newer versions of the global MIDI/OSC scripts:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzwgi7yucpjphkl/GlobalActions_3.0.zip?raw=1

Thanks danoise it’s up and running now!

On my win7 x64 boot using Renoise 3.0 with “com.renoise.Duplex.0.98.32.xrnx” I am getting this error… I tried replacing the GlobalMidiActions.lua with the file from another post but no luck. Using my linux boot with exact same renoise and duplex version no problems whatsoever. The location in windows on my machine is: “C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.0.0\Resources\Scripts” but in the error duplex appears to be looking for “C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.0.0\Scripts”

[edit] ah, yes that was it. I copied the scripts folder up a level to right under Renoise 3.0.0 and duplex fires up. So the install directory of the scripts changed in the new version from 2.8?

Did you uninstalled Renoise 3.0 Beta/RC before installing Final?
The scripts run from c:\Users[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.0\Scripts\
There you should also have the GlobalMidiActions.lua. If there is something corrupt with that file, Renoise might nag about it. Copying the original version from the C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.0.0\Resources\Scripts location to the c:\Users[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.0.0\Scripts\ folder should then solve the problem.

I’ll make sure to do a clean-up just to make sure. I had previously un-installed the last 3.0 beta prior to the release 3.0, but not sure if I un-installed previous betas. That could be it. Thanks!

No, I have found the problem. It appears on Windows when you haven’t defined any custom GlobalMIDI/OSCActions file, and it then tries to load the “factory default” one.
Will be fixed in the upcoming release. Until then, copying the files previously provided into %appdata% should fix the problem

Same issue here even after doing what was said before.
Please help.

4909 error.jpg

Sorry for that - the MIDIActions application seems to cause trouble much too often.
I need to make it less prone to errors on startup, stay tuned for a new version soon…

Thanks Danoise. :)

Created “C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.0.0\Scripts” and copied both .lua files to it and problem solved for me… so thnx for that :)

Did the job for me too. The Mackie is now back in action. Great work.

Just want to say thanks to danoise for making this, i’m fairly new to renoise and know basically nothing about coding, but was able to get most of the way through mapping my Livid Code to my own .lua script after a few hours of self-education last night.

Cool, thanks. Any ideas & suggestions are always welcome!

I was just curious, will the Remote SL MKII Duplex script work for the MKI as well? I was thinking it might just because they’re very similar, but I don’t know much about Duplex or automap. Just wondering because I just bought one off ebay.

Have you tried it? You need to load the Duplex MKII automap template first - that might be the tricky part (Automap might not like to import a MKII templates, I really don’t know). It’s a “User MIDI” template, so a very simple one.

Other than that, I think it should be pretty much plug and play - install the tool, load the template, off you go?