Duplex Beta Versions

nanoKontrol2 in Mixer+Transport mode, 2 problems:
MUTE buttons are lit by default (inverted).
MUTE, SOLO, RECORD buttons must be double-pushed in order to work
(push on, push again, push off, push again). Transport buttons work fine.
I tried v1.05 and v1.07b in Renoise 3.2.2 on MacOS Catalina

Hi Everyone,

I posted this in the beginnerā€™s section, too, but I am hoping somebody here might be able to help me. I just started trying to get my Launchpad MK2 going with Renoise and Duplex (I am currently running Renoise 3.1). I installed the main tool, and then created a new folder under ā€œControllersā€ named LaunchpadMK2. Then, I simply copied everything from @stellartuxā€™s Github fork into that new folder. When I try running the script (specifically trying the Keyboard tool), the grid initially lights up fine. However, I then start to get Scripting Tool errors. For example, the first line says Tools/com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx/main.lua failed in one of its notifiers. . . . LaunchpadMK2.lua 65: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value.

. . . Device.lua.631: in function ā€˜output_valueā€™
. . . Display.lua.353: in function ā€˜set_parameterā€™
. . . Display.lua.284: in function ā€˜updateā€™
. . . Display.lua.587: in function ā€˜_send_messageā€™

etc.

I have not typed out all of the errors, but can certainly do so. I am hoping, though, that I missed something simple (like forgetting to add a file or line of code somewhere) that somebody who knows more than me can identify quickly.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Iā€™m also looking to use a Launchpad MK2 with Duplex for playing Renoise live. Still seems buggy to me. Iā€™m hoping to do something similar to LiveDive by Cie. Are there any Duplex tools that can do this?

Hi,
I have a monome 128 and I want to use it with duplex in renoise (with the current latest stable of both), but Iā€™m not sure how to make it connect. The duplex tool for monome has an option to select the OSC ports. Iā€™m using serialoscd but if I tell duplex the port that the monome is on from serialoscd (12907), I get an error saying that it cannot start the OSC server and the port is already in use.
also in general, is duplex still maintained, or would I be better creating my own monome OSC tools?

UPDATE: nvm, downloaded the latest version I found in this thread and set it up based on the serialosc readme and it works now.

Hi,

Iā€™ve been working to try and get the Launchpad Mini MK3 to work with Duplex.

I started just with the sequencing tool first so I could get keymapping to work properly.

The problem Iā€™m facing here is that it appears that this device wants to be sent colour/LED information via CC messages, but not all of the keys output CC, but instead output MIDI messages.

How can this be addressed in Duplex? Is there some kind of duality for incoming/outgoing to make this work?

Iā€™ve included here my initial config that gets the lights to work, but the main grid doesnā€™t get read by Duplex:
Link for config files for Launchpad Mini MK3

EDIT:
Here is another update now with working MIDI, turns out I was getting bad midi note numbers back from Renoise an octave out, might be a bug, hence me thinking things were out of whack.
Updated working modules gridpie and step sequencer

Still working on it, perhaps itā€™s time to contribute it back and update the plugin for others? This controller is super cheap and accessible, though Iā€™m getting occasional crashes in Renoise using it (possibly sliding out of date as this version of Duplex is from 2017)

Hi @percentpercent - cool stuff!! I agree totally - launchpads are great, cheap and functional pieces of hardware. Iā€™ve been wanting to support the newer models since they came out, but my limited time hasnā€™t allow this. So props for picking up the mantle.

Still working on it, perhaps itā€™s time to contribute it back and update the plugin for others?

If it seems to work well, I see no problem there! Would be happy to include them in a new Duplex update.
As for occasional crashes - if they are reproducible, Iā€™m interested in hearing about them! Especially before putting out a potential new release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be awesome to see a duplex update!!

1 Like

Without a doubt. :slight_smile: :pray:

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Hi !

I made a controller script for Midi-Fighter twister, based on the factory MIDI implementation of the device.

Bank1 has effects control, mixer per page (4track)
Bank2 displays the patterns (Matrix):

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to try this out today!!

Ah great! Sorry Iā€™ve only just checked back in to see this (I didnā€™t get a notification) - I ended up building up a profile for the mini mk3 and got it to start working (mainly itā€™s just a button mapping/scheme thing) but when I began to use it I found that much of the functionality seems to be out of sync with Renoise now (perhaps an API issue? got some functionalities complaining that they werenā€™t found in the console etc), and I got several lockups and crashes when I began to use it.

At the moment Iā€™m using it with Reaper with the ā€œDrivenbymossā€ driver that has allowed me the ability to do what I needed, but of course would love to be able to use it in Renoise too.

Iā€™ll fire it up again at some point after this current project and see if I can make some solid observations to report for you to get it back up and in sync

Hey! I made a script for my X-Touch-Mini in MCU mode (knob leds and all, yay!), funnily enough after using the DrivenByMoss script for Bitwig and wishing I had better visual feedback. A lot of the stuff I added technically works, but the code quality probably isnā€™t the best. I might clean it up and submit a pull request to the main repo some other day, a little burnt out atm orz

2 Likes

Original project of Duplex is dead?
Links a broken.
Or iā€™m missing something?

U find it from dropdown menu for Renoise 3.1

It should install automagically for more recent Renoise versions

and yes OP link seems broken

ā€¦ by OP i mean original post