Duplex Beta Versions

[quote=“satobox, post:142, topic:30625”]
I set such option in the config now. Hope it works.

Yeah, i’m also glad if such feature will be implemented in the future. Currently it isn’t implemented yet even in Renoise.

There is the mapping for Master Fader only. So 1 Encoder & 3 buttons will be unassigned.
I tried to make another config “Mixer + Transport + Metronome” (I’ve added the metronome app for the time being to distinguish it from normal config).
If there is something like a BPM app (Tap Tempo app), it will be suitable there, maybe. B)

Try this new test file. :)
2328 nanoKONT2-test04.zip

I just tried the new file… It doesn’t seem to have changed the mute buttons. They still light up when the track is un-muted (as default they are all lighting red), and turn off if i mute its’ track. They didn’t change when i hit a solo-button either, but i was lying awake a bit and thought about this. I figure this is a part of the design in Renoise, as you can still mute tracks while ‘soloing’ another track. -But having them light if i enable mute would probably be better than the other way around. This is all cosmetic tho, as the functionality is there allready! :)

The master-channel on the far right- fader worked as i wanted, but i’m not sure yet wich is the ‘better’ config, so having the
choise is great imo! :)
Both the configs were included in the last zip you shared, am I right?

Thanks again bud!

edit: dunno why, but it seems i often have to press twice on the track-select buttons to have it select the track. Other times it selects it when I only press once, but it’s completely random it seems. It happens even if i press it hard aswell (to ensure i hadn’t missed the button-stroke). This is not a big deal tho, as pressing a button twice instead of once is unlikely to kill me. ;)

Ahh, it seems that I still don’t understand exactly how to set the option by default in the config file.

@danoise:
If I add the code like;

options = {  
 invert_mute = 1,  
 follow_track = 1,  
 }  

Is it not reflectd by default setting?? :huh:

Anyway, you can set such option on the Duplex’s option panel.
Open the option setting panel and select;
[Mixer] >> [Invert display] >> [Button is lit when track is muted]
Then once select “None” on the Duplex Browser,
and select nanoKONTROL2 again.

Hmm?? Yes it’s already included.
Can’t you select another config for nanoKON2 on the Duplex Browser ??
Maybe trying to restart Renoise is needed.

Hmm, sorry don’t know why too. It’s strange indeed… :unsure:

Sorry to say, but this had no impact whatsoever. I also tried changing the mute-mode to ‘use mute’ instead of ‘use Off’, also without any change. What’s the difference between these two settings btw?

And regarding the two config-files; yes i can select two different configs. It was just me worrying i had duplicates messing with the new configs, and causing trouble.

I figured out what caused this… I had set the button behaviour to ‘toggle’ instead of ‘momentary’ on some of the buttons in the Korg-editor. -Those buttons i wanted to stay lit to indicate what state it was in. Setting them back to ‘momentary’ did the trick. :)

Hmm strange. It works here.
More plain method is to change the option [Invert display] >> [Button is lit when track is muted] and restart Renoise. Still doesn’t work for you?? :huh:

About the difference between mute & off, read the topic of “Preferenses/Misc/Mute mode” in the Renoise manual. (bottom of this page)

Nope, still no change. I really don’t want your hair to turn gray because of this! ;) The suggested tricks should, by my understanding, have definately worked. How it is working atm has its’ advantages aswell tho; Only ‘enabled’ tracks light up. So if you, say, flip through the tracks so that the last ‘send-track’ ends up on the sixth fader, the last two faders don’t control any ‘enabled tracks’ (because they don’t exist), and this is clearly shown by the non-lit ‘M-buttons’. I can most defo live with this!

Edit: Just notced that prev/next pattern buttons don’t work. If i press them in the duplex-browser, the correct button on the nanoK2 light up (and vice versa), but nothing happens in renoise. I have a feeling they worked as intended on previous configs… (I might be mistaking tho) Edit2: Strike this… I had set Loop-mode to control Pattern or Block in the Duplex-browser. >.< By setting it to ‘Pattern only’ made it work as intended again.

It’s probably because you switched buttons to ‘toggle’ instead of ‘momentary’ via your device’s software. When the buttons are set to ‘toggle’, each button’s state is controlled internally in the nanokontrol and Duplex will only receive the value it expects every second time. Setting all your buttons to ‘momentary’ should be the best choice, as it will allow detection of both press and release.
Edit: ah, scratch that, you solved that one

This is a feature. As soon as you have selected an option manually, this choice is kept in the global preferences.xml document (persistent settings). You can’t see the default choices unless you delete this preferences file (located in the root Duplex folder).

BTW: don’t expect the “invert mute button” display for the mixer to work on all devices. It’s a bit of a hack I made for the Launchpad Mixer configuration

I also tested it with APC20 and the trick works. But yeah, the trick may not work for nanoKON2…I am almost giving up now… :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Btw, there is a possibly related thing which I thought of. Renoise has 2 solo modes, which can be changed at main menu: “Option” >> “Solo Mode”. Maybe there is a little confusion due to the difference of their behavior. I use the “Mute Others” mode.)

Anyway, please use it for a while as it is, if there is not a serious problem functionally. ;)

Haha, please don’t !!
I can tell you that quick hacks like this annoy me too, but I should probably just have hidden the feature to begin with…Out of sight, out of mind

This might be a bit off-topic, but here goes… Regarding the Launchpad;
Is there any documentation on how the step-sequencer app works? -Been trying to figure it out by looking at how it behaves in the Duplex-browser, but can’t say I’ve undertood it yet.
Can one use two Launchpads simultaneously (one for the matrix-app and one for the step-sequencer)?
I’m planning to buy atleast one of these for my ‘backpack-setup’. -and prolly a Novation Nocturn aswell for the FX-app (due to the lack of ‘soft takeover’ ability in Renoise).

I’m turning into a control-freak here! :)

PS. The Akai APC40 blows my mind!
Is this currently the best controller for duplex (alongside the Ohm64)?

You can’t really use it in the browser, because you need multitouch to operate it
The basic trick is to press a button in the grid, then adjust it’s value. Check the application itself for more info

Yes, you just need to rename of the device configurations to make it appear as a different device - e.g. “Launchpad#2”

With NotesOnWheels, I’d say that the Remote just stepped up quite a bit. But of course, it depends on what you want to use it for.

Remote, as in Novation ReMOTEs?
Gonna check out what this NotesOnWheels is.
I just bought Renoise a short month ago or so, so this world is still all new to me. I started out on SoundTracker (then Pro-Tracker and Star-Trekker) on the Amiga, then moved on to DigitalTracker on the Atari Falcon 030, and finally FastTrackerII on the PC. I bought the first version of Reason as soon it came out, and have bought every update after that. -Oh, crap I’m ranting… i’ll just cut it here! soz! ;)

Hello,

I have developed a feature for the Mixer application inspired by the APC40/Ableton Live, the Take Over functionality: this system do not take into account the value of the controller’s fader until it reaches the value of the track volume. It can be useful during a live when you load an other song or when you navigate among your tracks: for instance, if the master fader of the controller is at the very bottom and when you load a new song with its master track value at the very top, when you start to move your master fader, the volume will not jump to the minimum.

The attached zip file contains an example with the APC40 controller: the new option take_over_volumes is set to ‘ON’.

This new feature is based on Duplex 0.98b2.
Update: This new feature can be apply to Duplex 0.98b3 too.

Hope it can be useful !
Best Regards,

Note: I didn’t implement the TakeOver feature for Pan or Effect because the rotary knobs of APC40 don’t need it… I was a bit lazy sorry.
PS: if there is any bug, don’t hesitate to tell me !

Haha, that’s just great. This is really going to play well with the automation recording I’m working on :slight_smile:

I’m going to have a cup of tea and check it out

PS: in Duplex, this should only affect “physical” and non-motorized controls like faders. knobs etc. The LED-based ones already have “take-over” in the sense that they are bidirectional

Just what the doctor ordered! Big thanks! Worked great.

He just saved from you from buying a controller because of that?

He just might have!
-well… prolly not. ;)

B)

Set pattern loop range feature dissapeared. Difference between the v0.94(2.6) and v0.97(2.7) :(
This affects the LAUNCHPAD

In the 2.6 version you could use the 8 round buttons on the right side to
set pattern loop range on the go by press and hold 2 of these buttons.
See Pattern Sequencer - Looping Patterns

Very useful feature! B) Unfortunately this is not working in v0.97 for 2.7 anymore :(

/Joakim

Edit: This works in the config “Matrix + Mixer + Transport”
But not in the config “Matrix + Transport”

Probably you can change the behavior on the Duplex’s option panel.
See [Matrix] >> [Pattern-trigger], and select “Position + PatternLoop”.

When Duplex is upgraded, all options will be back to default (as described in each device’s config file). So if you notice some different behaviors, check the option settings first. :)