Effects On Master's Or Send's Pattern Command

It could be interesting to use a retrigger, a reverse etc… on a send channel or directly on the master pattern command, like this we won’t have to put the code on each track for a global effect…
Well, i know we can use Dblue’s Glitch but it would have more precision (and no brain crash when you use different sizes of patterns, glitch revolution starts from the beggining of the song and not from the beggining of the pattern!!) and a time gain to include this features on thoses channels.
a dream: Dblue glitch on pattern command!! :dribble: … it’s good to dream!

ohhhhh :eek: (translation: +1)

I think he wants to be able to use sample reverse and sample retrig pattern effects on the master and send tracks. Unfortunately, this is impossible, as these commands only work on individual samples.

Retrigging a live channel is possible, and many VSTs do it, but reversing live sound in realtime is absolutely impossible, as the software would literally have to see into the future to be able to predict what will play at the “end” of the reversal.

first: sorry for my crappy english!

We can do a reverse (fake) by reversing the played part, like DBGlitch® does! i know it s stricly impossible to reverse the unplayed part of the pattern (if we find the solution, it s back to the future IV!! woohoo)
It was just a suggestion to Dblue, if in a moment of pure devotion to renoise, he would give the source of the glitch to the renoise team! It’s really a breakcore dream but i am sure that Venetian snare will have a heart attack (and so do i) if we can have thoses options on the pattern command! ;)

To be completely honest there is nothing in Glitch that Taktik - or any coder with half a brain - could not figure out very easily. I am not a DSP guru myself, so the entire plugin is really just based on various types of simple audio buffer manipulation.

Reverser:

• First record a few seconds of audio to the buffer. (or use a pre-loaded sample)
  • When the reverse effect is enabled, play the audio buffer backwards until we reach the beginning of the buffer (ie. when it’s not possible to play in reverse anymore)
  • Stop the effect.

Retrigger:

• Record some audio to the buffer. (or use a pre-loaded sample)
  • When the retrigger effect is enabled, play audio from the buffer while repeatedly resetting the playback position to the start of the buffer.
  • So we hear samples 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… etc.

Time-stretch:

• Record some audio to the buffer. (or use a pre-loaded sample)
  • Very similar to retrigger, but with a small twist. While retriggering the audio buffer, we constantly move the buffer offset position so that it gradually progresses through the whole buffer and stretches the sound.
  • For example, we play samples 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… then 2, 3, 4, 5, 6… then 3, 4, 5, 6, 7… then 4, 5, 6, 7, 8… etc.

Etc. It’s nothing special really :)

Dblue: is it possible to set the glitch starts in the begging of the pattern?
When you have a 32 long pattern in your patt sequence and then a 64 long one, if your glitch is 64 long, it will start at 32 in the begining of the second pattern… it could be really really usefull to switch mode retrig “playing along” / “pattern start”
RE RE Excuse me for my english!! (i have to go back to school i think!)