what is the name of this effect and is renoise able to reproduce it or would i need to use 3rd party app/prog

Jumping the gun on my abilities but this is how my sponge brain works


(trance) gate.

It is just rhythmically and sharply modulating volume on/off. Not too sharply though, then it would click, a minimum of smoothing is required.

There are many ways how to produce this effect. automating gainer with pattern data or custom lfo, volume column data, I believe renoise once had a dedicated rhythm gate effect that was then dropped because you can set up things yourself in other ways.

ahh thx for the swift reply.

will look into this

Use BlueARP VST, for example.Any arpeggiator…

use volume cut command