Emu Attack!

Hi, my name is Bartisimo

Who uses EMU sound card “E-MU 0404 USB 2.0”? Do you like this card?

The deal is … I use laptop and I’m looking at USB cards compatible - even in love with - Renoise.

Thank you!
:ph34r:

Most modern consumer devices will be compatible. Highly recommend you use ASIO drivers with renoise. If your card doesn’t have an ASIO driver don’t worry, because you can get a free one right here.
Assuming “you’re a PC”.

I use it, but not usb version. Just “classic” EMU 0404. Sound is crystal clear, but the only problem I have is recording and volume control using TV/FM tuner Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert. Just isn’t compatible and also have problems with playing videos from telephone that are recorded in lower frequency than 44.1khz. Sound crackles. Other than that its great.

[for compatibility reasons I use 2 souindcards: EMu0404 and Default soundcard implemented on my motherboard]

USB soundcards are evil.

“Just isn’t compatible and also have problems with playing videos from telephone that are recorded in lower frequency than 44.1khz. Sound crackles.”

That’s fairly simple, just cycle the audio through a sound converter with output at 44.1khz. dBpowerAMP works well.