Emulating Portamento With 0200 Command

I meant 0100, but both are applicable

Let say you are working at a tempo of 130 with an LPB of 8. On step 00 you have c4, step 16 command 01c0 to bend one octave.

I find it sounds more like the portamento on a synth when I lower the LPB to 4 as the bend takes longer to complete thus exaggerating the effect I want.

However, this is not desirable as I usually work in LPB 8 or LPB 16 even…

Is there a way to slow down the pitch bend w/o altering LPB?

I am aware I can draw a pitch bend in the Instrument Editor, however, I don’t use the same pitch bends so this may result in a bunch of instruments!

There is also an interpolation feature…I have not figured out how to use this correctly as the values seem to multiply each other leaving me lost as to what values to enter.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend and thanks for your help!! :)

I’m not sure I have understood what you mean, anyway, I think you have this situation:

no note ins comm  
00 C-4 01 ----  
01 --- -- ----  
02 --- -- ----  
03 --- -- ----  
04 --- -- ----  
05 --- -- ----  
06 --- -- ----  
07 --- -- ----  
08 --- -- ----  
09 --- -- ----  
10 --- -- ----  
11 --- -- ----  
12 --- -- ----  
13 --- -- ----  
14 --- -- ----  
15 --- -- ----  
16 --- -- 01C0  

then, you can do it slower like this:

no note ins comm  
00 C-4 01 010C  
01 --- -- 010C  
02 --- -- 010C  
03 --- -- 010C  
04 --- -- 010C  
05 --- -- 010C  
06 --- -- 010C  
07 --- -- 010C  
08 --- -- 010C  
09 --- -- 010C  
10 --- -- 010C  
11 --- -- 010C  
12 --- -- 010C  
13 --- -- 010C  
14 --- -- 010C  
15 --- -- 010C  
16 --- -- 010C  

(you can also set 010C at line 00 and then set all other lines at 0100, the result will be the same)

it seems a bit too obvious to me, so maybe I am missing your point

Cheers thx for your response…no maybe not too obvious…I obviously don’t have the hang of hex yet to properly divide values!

However, if I was performing the same function in a synth the pitch bend would take place after I pressed c5(which is why I chose 01c0) as opposed to before in your example.

I did not explain what exactly I was trying to emulate, sorry my fault.

So I guess all I am trying to do is bend from c4 to c5 from steps 16 to 24…I guess my only issue is understanding how to divide the amounts properly…???

Thanks It-Alien!! :walkman:

Btw: As I am aware I am not clear somtimes…I am actually asking for help with dividing hex values, thx!!

you can use the calculator of your OS: at least the ones which come with Linux and Windows have hex calculations

C0 / 8 = 18 by the way

AHH cheers man thx…I use windows, didn’t know that!!! :walkman:

Also, it bears mentioning that the 05xx effect might be a little easier to manage when trying to emulate synth portamento.

Cheers, been trying that as well…both seem to work, just differently!!! I need to go to HEX school!

Knowing that the windows calc has a scientific function helps though!!