En Passant (for those who enjoy some Lo-Fi hip hop stuff)

Another lofi track by me.
I’m currently planning on making a whole Lo-Fi album or EP and releasing on my spotify. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thank you for listening! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not so easy to do this type of sound

“particuliar” sound

Very good work

You have to improve the loudness and the wideness now

For the wideness.think “Mid-Side”…It’s not a secret

For the loudness,It’s more complicated…the ultimate method is to “measure”
Today,Having a decent loudness AND quality sound only with “ears” is impossible
You can also use Izotope products…But you will learn NOTHING…And the mix and the mastering would be “robotic”

1 Like

thank you so much for the feedback! I followed your suggestions and gave it a try for the last days in mastering using izotope ozone. I still don’t know much, and I know it’s a long way to learn, but I published a remaster of the same track in private mode and here’s the secret link: [edit: i made it public] En Passant (Remastered) by Napoli Tracks | Free Listening on SoundCloud
If you could point me in the right direction… just saying what I did right or wrong this time… if it sounds better overall, etc… I’d be really appreciated!
Peace!

1 Like

Your remaster is much better, you pushed the signal before the threshold and the mids and highs now have the right proportion to the lows. In your first mix the bass was rumbling and everything else was too sillent or soft, it sounded odd. Now it’s good. I maybe would also cut the higher frequencies of the hat and that sound starting at 1:11, but slightly. And I probably would soften the piano a little bit in its volume. Besides of that I just can say that I like your music. You’re producing nice and mellow lounge sound, which is cool. If you want to continue in the lofi section, watch out for not mastering too good. :wink:

1 Like

Nice sound, I didn’t expect that a mastering could improve so much a track!
I prefer the second take, sound less weak, but not too much!

Maybe I’ll have to give a glance to Izotope tools too, :thinking: I’m really not comfy with mastering, I know it’s a shame!

1 Like

You don’t need iZotope for proper mastering! All you need is already part of Renoise, except a monoizer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I guess you applied some stereo widening or some reverb, that’s the biggest difference between your non-remastered and the remastered version.

I really like the track (and I’m usualy not into this style). The sounds you chose make the “lofiness” of the track very natural and organic. I think a longer track with more variations would be nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Give you feedback later
images

1 Like

the mid and the sides are on the same “plane”
process them separetely

1 Like