Enable automation for DSPs inside a doofer

It would be nice to be able to record automation for dsp units that are embeded in doofer without having to map them on the doofer’s macros.

At this time the parameters of effects sitting in a doofer ignore the right-click automation record.

Am I missing something or it is how it works for the moment?

Thanks guys,

WoodyPecky

You’re not really missing anything — this is how it was intended to work.

The main idea behind the Doofer was to act as a container for multiple devices, to neatly hide away all the unused parameters and other crap that you’re not interested in automating, and to let you focus on the important parameters instead which you’ve mapped to the macro controls.

If everything inside the Doofer — potentially tons of devices with hundreds of parameters — was still exposed and cluttering up the automation editor, meta device targets, etc., then it sort of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

Is the main problem that 8 macros is simply not enough for your needs?

Or do you find it too time consuming to map things via macro?

Something else?

I would love to see this too, it’s tedious the way it is now.

The main idea behind the Doofer was to act as a container for multiple devices, to neatly hide away all the unused parameters and other crap that you’re not interested in automating, and to let you focus on the important parameters instead which you’ve mapped to the macro controls.

If everything inside the Doofer — potentially tons of devices with hundreds of parameters — was still exposed and cluttering up the automation editor, meta device targets, etc., then it sort of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

I totally agree with this concept, point of view and way of using it.

Here is my case:

I map usefull parameters to the Doofer’s macros, but there’s are some that I don’t use often are not worth to be mapped, let’s say that I would automate them just 3-5 times in a song. I just would find usefull that the automation of effects inside a doofer are still recorded.

So, yes, 8 macros would not be enough for all the parameters and secondly, it’s true that it become tedious to map everything before being able to record automation.

thanks for replying!

Have a good weekend…