Envelopes Not Playing Correctly...

Hello,

I think this is something related to that stuff I posted earlier about the Pitch envelope not functioning when pressing keys…

…The volume envelopes do the same actually.

If you want to have a string sound that has a long attack - this does not work, if you wish to preview the sound using the keyboard - it plays the beginning randomly with 100 volume for a short snap and then diminishes the levels with a randomly decay…

Also not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Envelopes behave totally differently than in FT2 when importing songs. Anyhow, I think this is not that important an issue because usually envelopes are adjusted according to the song… Just wanted to let ya know incase this has not been discussed earlier

[quote="#<0x0000562853685d68>"]

I think this is something related to that stuff I posted earlier about the Pitch envelope not functioning when pressing keys…

…The volume envelopes do the same actually.

If you want to have a string sound that has a long attack - this does not work, if you wish to preview the sound using the keyboard - it plays the beginning randomly with 100 volume for a short snap and then diminishes the levels with a randomly decay…
[/quote]

Yes, all envelopes will behave this way. Unfortunately the only way we could fix this, is by quantizing the live played notes to the tick resolution, which is IMHO not worth the trouble. I’ll nevertheless try to find an alternative way to fix this…

[quote]

Also not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Envelopes behave totally differently than in FT2 when importing songs. Anyhow, I think this is not that important an issue because usually envelopes are adjusted according to the song… Just wanted to let ya know incase this has not been discussed earlier
[/quote]

We asked you for an example song, but you never have posted one (or have I missed something here?). If thats a big obvious bug in the import I’ll fix it. If its just a minor “sounds a bit different than in FTII” problem, I wont. Renoise is no mod player, getting a 100% compatible FTII (or IT, MOD) import is sooo much work: I dont think that its worth it, as we would like to concentrate on other new features (that help you to compose new songs) instead…</0x0000562853685d68>

yeah …sorry I kinda missed that request… :) (It’s not a minor difference btw.) But yeah this is not so important imho either, because new songs are what we make… :) But I’ll post an example somewhen if it is of help for you in the programming.