Epic Arpeggiator (V2.0)

essential! \o/

cool!

great
my only wish:
better Custom Arpeggio Pattern, maybe something like Matrix for notes, but 1 line only (16 steps)

Thanks! =)

You also desire arbitrary arpeggios where there are spaces not used with notes? (adding a … into the custom line?) How should i see this?

In brief, yes.
And also I would discard those bt,nt functions as unnecessarily complicated.
So I think it’s better to have

1,1,0,1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0 <-better with simple graphical step sequencer with adjustable step length

than

0,1,3,4,6,bn + set min. distance between notes to 5

00 C-400
01 C-400
02 —
03 C-400
04 C-400
05 —
06 C-400
07 —
08 —
09 —
0A —
0B —

This was easy to add. Next version will support both literal and binary mode (without having to define that).

Avoiding the bn/nt thing would limit the use of multiple columns and using delay values in distance. Most use this tool to only fill one notecolumn, but you can also expand and use multiple columns. Filling it in was never really mandatory but i removed the warning dialog that opped up if you don’t fill in anything and added detection routines that attempts to figure out whether you have filled in a binary pattern or literal. Though this only works having a minimum of two values.

using nt is optional, yet only available for literal mode (ignored with binary mode).

I also want to add some more stuff since, i can call it 1.991, but tools page doesn’t support that kind of versioning.

Interesting, so let’s see this epic Epic 2.0 Arpeggiator:)

Maybe, fork custom arp pattern into those literal and binary modes, so there will be 4 modes in total?
Filling and changing those binaries lines without overwrite mode isn’t very encouraging, so I still hope for that step seq:)

Forking? Any idea how much work it is to keep all these different schemes separated? Try 1,0,0,0,1,1,0 to combine with 0,4,5 and tell me how those should be executed? (Both define the exact same note-positions)
Overwrite mode? if you click the line, everything is automatically selected so will be overwritten as soon as you type something.

Anyway, updated the first post with 2.0. Besides your desired binary scheme, it has something else new. That will have to do for a little while now, but i still don’t have everything in it i wanted to add (So it actually doesn’t deserve the name Epic yet).

I got this notice messing around with the newest version:

Basically lit up all matrix squares, arpeggio pattern ‘Distance’ set to 01, note determination set to ‘random’, then changed from ‘Matrix’ to ‘Custom’ and pressed ‘Arpeggiate!’.

Can’t reproduce with that setting, but can reproduce when setting the Octave order rotation to random before switching to custom note profile.
Fixed it., Try round 2.

Finalized a few things. Round 3, now serious bugs may again occur but i already battled the majority out until i couldn’t make it popup another error.
If you can easily reproduce, feel free to send me the preset and order of handling and the error message.

I see downloads but no responses, so i guess this tool is good enough to put on the tools page?

couldn’t get it to crash (yet) :)

Yep. :)

when i select ‘note order: random’ and then press ‘arpeggiate’ the tool seems to freeze. when i close and reopen it the following error displays:

Download the Tools page version, i already tackled that error problem before i put it on the tools page.
Could you message me the preset that is causing the freeze?

Ey vV, have you seen this?

Yes i have seen this.
There is another ingredient that i currently lack immensely:Time.
But it is on my todo list.
Either i’m the first, or MXB is the first with one in his FmSynth sequel, so there exists two options (and two lua scripters to nag about this)

thanks again, fun tool. :)