Eventually Received The Registered Renoise

:yeah:

After slightly more than one year of active use I got the Renoise registration key couple of hours ago. I’ve been messing around for sixteen years with computers and Renoise is the first Shareware/etc. program I’ve dared to register. Now I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to take advantage out of it. Of course the nagbox is gone but since I’m mostly operating MIDI the ASIO/WAVrecorder disability hasn’t been big detriment.

Time will prove whether ASIO and MIDI work seamlessly enough with me. Hopefully I won’t get the same issue as with the bugheap known as Sk@le that enabling ASIO with both of my machines causes irrecoverable crash. Now I can use the WAV renderer instead of sound card audio mix recording for my compositions with all those percussion and SFX “Sampler facilities by Renoise” tracks.

Maybe someone can tell me more reasons why I should be proud for registering this software. Renoise can’t be a bad product if I decide to splash 71¤ on it. I’d like to compliment developers for lovely interface, successfull bughunting and the fact that you have transferred me out from dark ages of DOS FT2! :P

Ace isn’t it? :)

You can feel proud that you’ve helped ensure future development of Renoise, and shown your appreciation of the software by voluntarily paying for it.

[quote="#<0x0000562855396dd0>"]

…and the fact that you have transferred me out from dark ages of DOS FT2! :P
[/quote]

Come now, those ages weren’t that dark! :D

Welcome.</0x0000562855396dd0>

Registration is the tip jar known as respect, and Renoise deserves it.

Take pride in the mutual dignity between developers, team, and community?

Oh, and OS X!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Can I get a witness up in heeeaahhhh!!!

Haha.

71 euros??? has the price gone up??

As for benefits, you will feel less now the RC is out. When a new beta comes along you will thank your lucky stars you splashed out.

[quote="#<0x000056285111ff38>"]
:yeah:

Time will prove whether ASIO and MIDI work seamlessly enough with me. Hopefully I won’t get the same issue as with the bugheap known as Sk@le that enabling ASIO with both of my machines causes irrecoverable crash. Now I can use the WAV renderer instead of sound card audio mix recording for my compositions with all those percussion and SFX “Sampler facilities by Renoise” tracks.

Maybe someone can tell me more reasons why I should be proud for registering this software. Renoise can’t be a bad product if I decide to splash 71¤ on it. I’d like to compliment developers for lovely interface, successfull bughunting and the fact that you have transferred me out from dark ages of DOS FT2! :P
[/quote]

Welcome to the club… Sk@le seems known for it’s buggy environment, however ASIO is a very tight topic regarding control and stability.

Problems with ASIO can root either in the host application, but also in driver quality and hardware quality.

Hardware quality can also be affected by how it is being combined with other hardware (embedded soundcards that are still enabled, cheap quality chipsets) etc. So ASIO problems galore usually is something that requires a lot of in-depth analysis of possible hard/firmware causes before you can start blaming the software for it.

Renoise is one of the better ways to figure out if your hardware stability is okay and if the quality of their drivers are good, however it is not the most desired feature if any of these problems pop up with your gear when using Renoise.

71 Euros?? Did you paid by money wire-transfer or something?</0x000056285111ff38>

Well, I got the ASIO crashing with SB X-Fi when I played around with the latency setting control panel. I activated the (apparently external) ASIO control panel from Renoise preferences for around ten times in a row in order to experiment with different latency settings. Eventually something went wrong with the ASIO driver. My sound card’s control software crashed and not even manual process shutdown did help getting it back to work. Renoise itself didn’t crash. I’ll be experimenting soon with my second rig (Audigy 2) but again I’m not expecting better performance. Guess I’ll have to blame this on Creative Labs driver dept.

The price was indeed surprisingly high. Adding factors were the following:

1. This is Finland. Add VAT 22%.
  2. Registration backup service 5.25¤.
  3. Transaction fee 3¤ for intra-EU electronic fund transfer.

And there we have it.

I’m running a X-Fi card myself without any problems and never had a crash with it. Just make sure, you switch to the “audio creation mode”, before you start Renoise.

I have just the plain drivers installed, not that useless stuff from the CD. Latest driver from 30 Oct 06:

http://files2.europe.creative.com/manualdn…B_2_09_0007.exe

[quote="#<0x0000562852ee6080>, post:8, topic:18723"]

Well, I got the ASIO crashing with SB X-Fi when I played around with the latency setting control panel. I activated the (apparently external) ASIO control panel from Renoise preferences for around ten times in a row in order to experiment with different latency settings. Eventually something went wrong with the ASIO driver. My sound card’s control software crashed and not even manual process shutdown did help getting it back to work. Renoise itself didn’t crash. I’ll be experimenting soon with my second rig (Audigy 2) but again I’m not expecting better performance. Guess I’ll have to blame this on Creative Labs driver dept.

The price was indeed surprisingly high. Adding factors were the following:

1. This is Finland. Add VAT 22%.
  2. Registration backup service 5.25¤.
  3. Transaction fee 3¤ for intra-EU electronic fund transfer.

And there we have it.
    [/quote]

You paid VAT??? I am not an expert on this, but I have never paid added VAT on purchases from the internet. I have bought things in USA, England and Japan online and the listed price was exactly what I paid into total…

Its not as if you are having a physical product sent to you…

Odd.

If this is a law twist in Finland, I apologize for not understanding all of your legal system over there…</0x0000562852ee6080>

Excuse my ignorance… But I bought Renoise whilst visiting my Mother in London…

I didn’t pay VAT then (17.5% in the UK)…

Do I owe Her Majesty some £?

I don’t always pay VAT either, but when i do, i usually deal with an internal payment system of the distributor that sells the good. When using a generic leased creditcard facility (the company does not deal with its own creditcard transfers but uses another company for it) i usually don’t have this tax added.