Expand Redux to be more like Renoise..

I love using Renoise, but I like to use other DAWs as well.

Renoise into Live or Reaper via ReWire is okay I guess… Redux is a fine thing for incorporating into projects made in other DAWs. It’s a bit limited though. I wanna be able to use Renoise as a VSTi inside another DAW.

I think that would be excellent.

Same here , it was hoping redux would have midi out , .what a great combo it would make together with audio mulch ( A.M. now supports midi out but no note seq. )

No luck

I think that the lack of VSTi hosting and also the awkwardness of phrase triggering, if addressed, would really help.

It seems a shame that only samples are supported, as using Renoise to play VSTi has always been a pleasure - not to mention using it to quickly resample VSTi into sampled instruments, thats a fantastic feature.

I’d really like to see a playlist with normal patterns like Renoise, simply following the host DAW transport. Just like Renoise slaving via ReWire.

Redux is great, just seems limited for no good reason.

I can totally understand the decission of not supporting vsti , why would they do that ?

It would mean extra complexity , a dream within a dream …no need for that .

Lack of vst effects , that’s debatable…but again …extra complexity and more chance of crashing

Midi out would be great …that way you can control vsti and vst effects and hardware .

I’d have bought it if it had MIDI out.

yep same here

I can totally understand the decission of not supporting vsti , why would they do that ?

Well Renoise supports it, and it’s very nice clearly. Redux, for me, is a way of getting Renoise into another DAW, so the more Redux become like Renoise the better as far as I am concerned.

I would like it to have a pattern sequencer just like Renoise that follows the transport of the host DAW, for example, just as Renoise behaves via ReWire.

Essentially I want Renoise as a VSTi.

Just route MIDI out and let the host DAW deal with the other instruments imho.

that’s debatable…but again …extra complexity and more chance of crashing

I don’t find that a particularly compelling argument against hosting VST(i) really. If you are worried about crashing because of using a hosted VST then simply don’t host VSTs. On the other hand, if you would find it extremely useful to have VSTi in Redux then, if it supported it, I might be tempted to risk everything and host a VSTi just on the offchance that it didnt crash and was massively useful instead.

Or what if Renoise could send MIDI out to a Rewire host?
(That’s a feature of Rewire right?)

No good for me, I don’t want to use ReWire. Bitwig doesnt support it.