Expanded automatable per track groove controls

I’d love to see this added. Not just like the current Master Groove either, but per track Groove sliders with the ability to move the zero and one or the two and three individually before or after where they should land instead of moving 0/1 and 2/3 together for a generic “swing” groove. It’s been hell finding a replacement for what ACID Pro can do with their custom groove tool and how easy it is to create complex unique realistic sounding grooves with it.

Basically I’d like to see per track Groove controls like the current Master Groove but that let you move any line early or late and lets you affect every line based on the LPB or perhaps based on some determined length, like being able to select how many lines long the groove is and have it loop when you get past that number of lines.

Also be great if we could automate groove controls.

ACID’s best-in-industry groove maker

Screenshot_20220310-181043_Chrome

4 Likes

Per-line groove control could also open renoise up to some more advanced features like extracting grooves and saving and applying them to tracks without needing a ton of extra coding or hard work, because if each line is affected by the groove then you would just need to pull the note delays from each lines and copy their values to the groove track to extract a groove, no fancy audio analysis or coding wizardry required.

1 Like

Can’t you just use the delay column? I am not understanding maybe and don’t really know anything about groove.

It is about efficiency and ease of having different instruments follow the same Groove

I’d just make a bunch of swung/grooved phrase presets:
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.54.07 PM
using the delay column and load them in as needed in the phrase editor… Not saying you shouldn’t want what you want, but that would be a decent workaround for the current feature set

2 Likes

That is actually quite a clever idea, thank you

1 Like

sure thing. phrases can be really powerful and it’s nice to have the ability to access your own as presets :+1:

1 Like

Groove is nothing but step delay at regular intervals .
It takes literally 3 steps
Insert delay values , fine select (alt+shift +arrowkeys ) and continous paste ( ctrl +p )
Done !

1 Like

That doesn’t mean this wouldn’t be useful and more efficient

fine select is something working natively in Renoise or by using tools? i cannot make it work? or this is mock-up? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s done natively
HOLD SHIFT+ALT and arrow keys to select
Or
CTRL +ALT +mouse cursor
I have no idea why there are different key commands for mouse versus arrow key s

2 Likes

somehow i misunderstood that inserted delay values could be fine-tuned by keyboard like select delay value, use key combo to alter value (+10 -5 -X +Y any set value for that particular keystroke)

i guess that i read what i want to read lol. Thanks for explaining, been using that functionality already. :slight_smile: