Experiment: Use Midi Knob To Set Loop Markers

OMG! This is a totally awesome! Works like a charm!!

booooyyyyyaaa!

oh my:

cutting away your patterncommands on the master channel in the pattern editor & randomizing the start & end loop points in the automation editor FTW!!! Especially after programming some melody and when you use the custom wave generator to produce a .wav instead of the beat sample :) . Great glitcher, for precise looppoints in beats we need more ability to finetune.

This is Marvelous.

thanks, i just gotta give this a shot!!
(tries)
works like a charm! lovely…

This tool got me thinking that this way it may be also possible to create a ‘synthesizer’ based on the Custom Wave Generator code. So the Midi Control Device’s sliders would affect different parameters of a custom waveform. Like for example pulse width or modulation amount. huh? Am I talking non-sense? :wacko:

no, you are talking about this. Unfortunately, as you can read at the end of the thread, there is a big problem with this approach: the way Renoise interprets the scripts makes it impossible to work with complex combos, long samples and real-time rendering

clever.
thanks!

is it possible to allow more than one “looper destination” to be controlled.
maybe with a name index?
“MIDI-CC Device II” for “Looper II” - “Looper destination II” and so on…

yes, it is definitely possible. I was preparing the code of the above linked experiment in order to make this possible before understanding its limitations. I will take a look at this as soon as possible

ah, great. and dont hurry. first things first. thanks again.

This is one hell of a tool and I just wonder why it still hasn’t been a real renoise feature yet.

not sure what i’m doing wrong here.

example file works, and i think I’m following directions correctly.

can’t seem to get my start/end points to automate.

(renoise newb)

[quote=“It-Alien, post:28, topic:29587”]
voilà,
with this script you will be able to use sliders (then tracking commands, automation or MIDI Control Changes) to modify the sample loop markers position on a sample.
looper script: Attachment 1452 not found.

Ok, I’m staring at this from the point of view of: if it’s possible, then it surely could be possible to keybind some of the loop mode loop on off etc loop length halve loop length double etc stuff.
D’you reckon it could be? :w00t:

shit like that makes me leak precum.

Wow, what a comment Jonas! I love these forums. Some awesome ideas flying around here.

upon request, this is a 2.7 version of the live looper script

I dunno if it’s normal, but it took a long time time installing this script so I terminate dit, which gave me:

Will try again, because just after dragging the script into Renoise I switched screens to Mozilla, which might have caused an error?

edit:

mmm, strange…after clicking away the bug notice, it said the script was installed. Will try if it works :)

Cheers.

does the update work for anyone else in 2.7?

Just tried it. Work fine here on 2.7.1 (XP)

Actually, after playing with it for a while I recieved following error message:

'C:\Documents and Settings\rpk\Application Data\Renoise\V2.7.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.LiveLooper.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.  
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.  

Please contact the author (Fabio Napodano | It-Alien (it-alien@renoise.com)) for assistance...  

std::runtime_error: 'notifier feedback loop detected. do not change values you are listening to within your notifiers.'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: ?  
 [C]: in function '__newindex'  
 [string "do..."]:22: in function   
 main.lua:30: in function 'set_loop_start'  
 main.lua:187: in function <186><br>
  [C]: ?<br>
  [C]: in function '__newindex'<br>
  [string "do..."]:22: in function <br>
  main.lua:61: in function 'set_loop_end'<br>
  main.lua:193: in function <192><br>```

<br>
<br>
Everything seems to work fine after closing the error message.</192></186>

mmm, need to try it again…couldn’t get it to work last time. Maybe I need to copy the midi text from the first page again into GlobalMidiActions.lua as with a new install from 2.7 to 2.7.1 this isn’t copied?