Experiment: Use Midi Knob To Set Loop Markers

[quote=“It-Alien, post:28, topic:29587”]
voilà,
with this script you will be able to use sliders (then tracking commands, automation or MIDI Control Changes) to modify the sample loop markers position on a sample.
looper script: Attachment 1452 not found.

Ok, I’m staring at this from the point of view of: if it’s possible, then it surely could be possible to keybind some of the loop mode loop on off etc loop length halve loop length double etc stuff.
D’you reckon it could be? :w00t:

shit like that makes me leak precum.

Wow, what a comment Jonas! I love these forums. Some awesome ideas flying around here.

upon request, this is a 2.7 version of the live looper script

I dunno if it’s normal, but it took a long time time installing this script so I terminate dit, which gave me:

Will try again, because just after dragging the script into Renoise I switched screens to Mozilla, which might have caused an error?

edit:

mmm, strange…after clicking away the bug notice, it said the script was installed. Will try if it works :)

Cheers.

does the update work for anyone else in 2.7?

Just tried it. Work fine here on 2.7.1 (XP)

Actually, after playing with it for a while I recieved following error message:

'C:\Documents and Settings\rpk\Application Data\Renoise\V2.7.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.LiveLooper.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.  
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.  

Please contact the author (Fabio Napodano | It-Alien (it-alien@renoise.com)) for assistance...  

std::runtime_error: 'notifier feedback loop detected. do not change values you are listening to within your notifiers.'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: ?  
 [C]: in function '__newindex'  
 [string "do..."]:22: in function   
 main.lua:30: in function 'set_loop_start'  
 main.lua:187: in function <186><br>
  [C]: ?<br>
  [C]: in function '__newindex'<br>
  [string "do..."]:22: in function <br>
  main.lua:61: in function 'set_loop_end'<br>
  main.lua:193: in function <192><br>```

<br>
<br>
Everything seems to work fine after closing the error message.</192></186>

mmm, need to try it again…couldn’t get it to work last time. Maybe I need to copy the midi text from the first page again into GlobalMidiActions.lua as with a new install from 2.7 to 2.7.1 this isn’t copied?

global midi actions hack is no more needed in order to use this script: simply download the XRNX version and use it as any other XRNX file. The reported error has been noted and will be fixed as soon as possible

I am having similar issues as Jonas, where (in 2.7.1) it takes a long time to install the script, and once the script is loaded, when I open looper.xrns, I do the following but cannot seem to move the loop start and end points with my controller:

1. First, I switch to the MST track and change the linked instrument to 0. This changes the first two Untitled MIDI CCs to ‘loop start’ and ‘loop end’
  2. Next, I launch MIDI mapping, enable learn mode and assign ‘loop start’ and ‘loop end’ to the sliders on my MicroKontrol.

FWIW, I loaded up the 2.6 versions of com.renoise.LiveLooper.xrns and looper.xrns (in 2.6.1), mapped the first two entries in MIDI-CC Device and it worked like a charm.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

ha, this was a fun lil thing! :DDD thanks!

i don’t quite get one thing though… what is the purpose of the midiCC (the second device in the example file) which is automated in the second pattern?

i doesn’t seem to do anything at all. however, the first device does work as expected when i pull the two first sliders.

before it says the script is installed, I get:
[i]
"The following tools have been disabled, because they are not compatible with this version of Renoise:

com.renoise.LiveLooper

Please download the latest version of the tools from http://tools.renoise.com or contact the authors of the tools for assistance./"[/i]

I’m on 2.7.2 btw, running the looper.xrns and playing it, doesn’t seem to work. The loopmarkers don’t move.

I also am in 2.7.2 running he looper.xrns as downloaded, and the loopmarkers are not moving.

Any info on this?

have you tried using this? http://tools.renoise.com/tools/musical-programming-environment

Hi, I was just wondering, how could this knowledge of being able to automate an api function be used in other scripts, it-alien?

unfortunately some API’s I have used in this script have been deprecated, that’s why the script is not working and should be rewrited from scratch, I think.

in 2.8, the instrument envelope points have also been made editable using the API so this may be another idea for a script; see for example MXB library

The midi instrument device has been relocated to: Audio/Effects/Native/*Instr. Automation
Your old reference no longer fits.
Then there is something with the parameter value calculation for the loop start and loop end which has to be redone, but furthermore it seems to work and respond. If i quote out the + 1 in line 30, i see the start node moving when moving the parameter. Not in perfect scale, but it moves.
But your script isn’t really neatly indented, so this rework from scratch doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

Not “Audio/Effects/Native/*Instr. MIDI Control” ??

Nopes, not in 2.8, i have copy/pasted the complete wrong path from the oprint i used in the terminal output frame.
Ah… i see what you mean, sorry, you are right…