External VST effects in Redux

For a number of reasons (mainly working with long stems) I have had to make a temporary switch from Renoise, to Cubase + Redux. It is working very well so far aside from when I load up my Renoise Instruments into Redux, they are missing any third party effects from the chain.

I have had a search but it looks like not possible to map a VST directory into Redux - the Plugins/Misc tab is missing from the Preferences.

Is this something that is impossible to implement due to the way Redux works as a VSTi, or something that may be added at a later date? It would be so so useful.

(I know I could go Rewire instead, but its a lot messier to mix than just using Redux which is awesome so far)

eh, redux itself is a vst instrument. you can load the external effects in cubase behind redux. Or do I not understand the question?
If redux supports vsts, so you can redux in redux in redux in redux in redux🤯

Nah, I mean in my library of Renoise instruments I have made and saved, I have effects chains that use both native Renoise effects, and third party effects (e.g. Izotope Trash, for example)

When I load these Instruments in Redux, only the native Renoise effects appear in the effects chain, Izotope Trash for example does not.

Does that make sense?

I suppose I could load the other effects into the cubase channel, but I would have no idea what the settings were without going back into Renoise, checking the instrument, noting the settings etc etc which would be well long

there are other vst’s that allow you to open other vsti’s inside them.

yeahs i’m in similar situation…
probably just going to have to render stuff out ++ luckily i don’t have a lot of presets with macros or automation/modulation from renoise/redux going into external vsts so it’s not too bad, but i do use an external eq vst so it is a slight annoyance :mage: :mage:
eh, live & let live;; life is a beauty to behold with or without external vsts loaded in my renoise/redux preset (i guess saying .xrni is less clunky but i’ve already typed this out…) [ i like slashes/ anyway ]