Extremely Stupid Question

First off… I’d just like to say that since getting Renoise my music making process has been totally revolutionised. This has got to be the easiest and most effective music software I’ve used (and I’ve used a LOT of software). Major credit to the developers… I’m recommending Renoise to everyone I know. :)

Anyway… a slight glitch I’ve come across (and I’m sure it’s something simple) is that occasionally the cursor keys and / or spacebar ‘freezes’ and I have to close and re-open Renoise. It seems to happen mostly after I’ve copy-pasted but I do that a lot so I don’t know if that’s related.

Any ideas?

Don

sorry if this sounds silly, but it happens to me sometimes and I’ve realized it only after a couple of times:

your problem could be due to the fact that you clicked near (on the left) of the sliders of a metadevice (MIDICCdevice, SendDevice…) .

This action gives the keyboard focus to the labels near the sliders, which are used to let the user write what that slider is for. When you load a metadevice, the labels are empty and then invisible, so you could not be aware of their existence.

Giving the focus to that labels, you won’t be able to use the keyboard for pattern editing until you press ENTER.

So, next time this problem occurs, just try pressing ENTER and see if this solves.

(when the focus is one of that labels, you will see a non-blinking cursor (like an underscore: _) near the slider)

ah-ha! cheers pal. :)

also sometimes if a VSTi loads data the whole keyboard gets blocked for the whole computer. happens to me with trilogy or some large sf2 file being loaded into sfz sf2-player.