Faster ways to mute a selection of lines other than X00?

Hello, I’m looking to mute a variety of lines in a tune, but the few I’ve tried result in clicks. Specifically, using the X00 command on a sample or group tends to click, especially for low-frequency samples like kicks, and it’s the same for automating volume using the Vol column or a Gain device and automating the gain value to -inf. What I’ve been doing is using OFF commands, but this can get tricky because muting the middle of a loop means using OFF and sample offsets (which might be hard on loops that don’t fit 64/128/256 lines), or using Volume commands and placing a C00 command on the line before. This all works, BUT it is very time consuming to do over 30 tracks. I haven’t found a way to make the C00 and OFF workflow work in a group (yet).

Ultimately, I’m looking for a quick way to introduce mutes into my songs to create space with methods that do not produce clicks.

An option is to have extra note columns that are muted, and move stuff there as needed…

An example project would be nice. But, without an example to better understand your needs, this tool can be useful:

1 Like

Lxx command may help.

L00 track volume off
LC0 track volume on