4 Likes

Whatā€™s that?

2 Likes

as homepage says
ā€œWrite 14 songs in 28 days ā€” Just because you can.ā€

1 Like

No thanks :rofl:

1 Like

I think that we Renoisers can do it waaay better!!
14 days for 28 songs if you ask me! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

i wrote my first tune today at 6am haha going to finish it tonight <3

and ill post here @dspasic @lilith

1 Like

Honestly, itā€™s possible if you keep the music quite simple. I wrote this and this on the same evening within 7,5 hours. And I literally started the second one immediately after finishing the first one. :slightly_smiling_face:
Of course you canā€™t develop the full potential this way. :wink:
But exactly THIS is why I love using trackers. You can produce fast and good.

1 Like

yeah i think its more about the exercise of seating and making a piece of music every day
the tunes people are posting in the site are extremely unpolished
most of the ones i listened so far
but there are probably some really nice pieces !!! for sure

1 Like

I managed to make 3-7 fully produced tracks daily back in high schoolā€¦ now I dedicate 10% of that timeā€¦ mehā€¦. and half of that 10% i use to decide which tools iā€™m going to useā€¦ xyz comp - why that, what does differentiate between various types, the end- resultā€¦ why should i pick bitwig over renoise, over 32cā€¦ etcā€¦ nowadays for me - music-making is more of an issue than it contributes to me - as opposite in the pastā€¦

So ā€œwrite 14 pretty uninspired tunes with same instrumentation in a way too short time, just to show all that you are a work machine and/or geniusā€

1 Like

that doesnā€™t imply that someone might approach the way as youā€™ve described - but in general - it is very likelyā€¦

It depends on personā€¦ if he is mentally unstable at some point for some reason - he might get such vast palette of ideas & structure etcā€¦ you wouldnā€™t even make a connection between the tunesā€¦ - talking from my own experience :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry for my post. I only doubt that 2 days per song lead to nice ideas and lot of inspiration. Would prefer to make a very good tune within a lot of time.

EDIT: Sorry @Land_of_Bits didnā€™t see your post, wasnā€™t meant personally in any way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i cannot agree more with you - when speaking generallyā€¦ do not get me wrong, no need to feel sorry. I just wanted to point out that itā€™s not impossible, itā€™s just what mostly people will do in order to satisfy the dependancy - to make xy tunes in xy timeframeā€¦ no matter of actual contentā€¦ it can be philosophy but iā€™m as usual lazy to express myself fully :smiley:

for example, sometimes i make tunes to implement various techniquesā€¦ be it production or arrangement-wiseā€¦ they sound simple and not interesting, but the main goal of it - is satisfied, as an ā€˜practiceā€™ā€¦ but mostly people make tunes in that realm, while not thinking of itā€¦ aaand so on :DDD

this! quality over quantity anytimeā€¦

day 2
, that tune kicks ass, i love that style of drums (and overall energyā€¦ reminds me of rnb kick-back type of thing full of energy), totally my personal preference! :slight_smile:

my approach is simple !
its about generating musical ideas fast ā€œnot fully finished songsā€ at the end of the month i will have at least a samplepack a dozen patches and lots of ideas to reuse in better songs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like the snare of your first tune!

1 Like