Would it be possible to add a command that plays the sample directly from the current mouse cursor position in the Sample Editor?
Currently, Play from selected line requires clicking the waveform first. That is useful when you want to select or slice a specific point, but for simply auditioning a sample it means a lot of unnecessary clicking.
Ideally:
Move mouse over waveform → press shortcut/mouse button → playback starts from that position.
The current selection would remain untouched.
This would be especially useful with programmable mouse buttons. When auditioning samples, your ears are what you need for monitoring, not the sound of clicking the mouse. It would make quickly checking different parts of a sample much smoother
But doing that, loses the selection. I used to have the same problem. I have a key binding for this that I assigned to middle click in my LogiOptions, but losing the current selection is an issue.
I tried vibe-coding some tool to overcome this limitation, but unfortunately the API does not expose cursor position in sample editor, just the start and end of a selection.