Field recorder also as live usb mic and noise suppression

Hi,

I am looking for a portable USB field recorder device, which also works as an usb audio device/mic while connected to the computer, and also provides some kind of (digital) noise filter for ground noise. Couldn’t really find anything like that, but maybe I suck in googling, or the product descriptions aren’t very precise.

Any ideas?

Zoom H1 should have all the features. I bet all the Zoom recorders should work as a USB Mic.

1 Like

Thanks! What do you think about the Zoom H5?

I think you can’t go wrong with any of the Zooms. I have the H1, but rarely used it. Problem is that the battery empties within a week even if it is off. This is normal though.

I’ve had trouble using my Zoom H4n as a USB audio interface. It’s excellent as a standalone recorder, though, which is what I bought it for.

I have a Roland R-26 that works as an interface and has optional lowpass filter (100hz/200hz/400hz). I love it and should use it way more than I do.

Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz / 48KHz / 88.2KHz / 96 KHz

1 Like

You probably mean low-cut/high-pass filter…unless you want to record some rumble :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. The Roland R26 reads great, but not available anymore. Only a silly, single model by roland still exists.

I just bought the TASCAM DR-05X and it works great both as a standalone use and as an audio interface.
The only drawback is very sensitive to microphonics, better not to touch it during recording.

1 Like

whoops. that’s what I get for trying to use my brain upon waking lol