First Renoise Song

Finally, I finished my first song. I’m not sure if it’s any good though. :wink:

The plan was to speak a poem (it’s German but language doesn’t matter here) and to add some electronic music. Quite surprisingly, it sounds more like a rock song in some parts but anyway. Here you go:

What do you think?

2 Likes

Nice first song! I like the association of spoken words with electro-rock, even I don"t understand german, and your voice fit with the tune.

1 Like

I like it. If you want a critique, I would say maybe the vocals could be “blended” with the instrumental a bit more.

Kinda makes me think of Wolfsheim and Project Pitchfork. The instrumental.

Any chance we could get the lyrics in English? I personally really like how German poetry translates to English. The German always sounds better, but it how it meters when translated into English always seems cool.

Really cool! I like the FM-sounding synth guitar stuff.

1 Like

Music wise it’s quite good for the first track. The vocals and lyrics have too much neofolk (reminds me on e.g. Darkwood) pathos for my taste. {{{I would try to bring them a little more into the background, do some EQing (lowering the high frequencies) and adding some reverb to make it more atmospheric.}}}

Maybe forget the stuff in brackets. :thinking:

Yes, I know what you mean with the vocals.

I think I will do an English version as well but have to translate the poem first. :wink:

In fact, I’m not 100% satisfied with the vocals. The pathos thing is partly intended though. I have tried many effects, but somehow it didn’t work out as wanted… I will give it another try! :slight_smile: