First song with Renoise

I found Fast Tracker 2 when I was about 16 years old, and I haven’t stop making music since.

From 1998 to 2003 I used FT2 pretty much every day and did more songs than I can remember.

However, at the end of 2003 I found my first band and pretty much stopped making electronic music then.

I’ve wanted to do some new stuff for a couple of years now but I haven’t found a suitable platform for it.

I did try doing some on Reaper, which I use for demoing my band stuff, but the midi editor just felt difficult for me.

I found Renoise earlier this year and I just felt right at home. This is what I’ve been looking for.

Here is my first finished song on Renoise. I’ts actually based on the very first rhythm pattern I came up with using Renoise.

It’s very basic oldskool sounding breakbeat since I’m still learning to use the effects and such.

Also I didn’t remember to master it since I used to publish all my songs as *.xm files :badteeth:

I support you. I encountered this feeling when I was starting to familiarize with Renoise. I felt like home, too. Great track, sounds groovy, stiff and enters melodic part consistently. I wish you all the possible success in the future.

Hey Etrigan! Welcome to Renoise. Glad it feels natural to you. It was a natural transition for me too from my Impulse Tracker roots.

Listening now. Very nice for your first Renoise song. I like the percussive variations, good use of ghost notes, filters. Bassline is nice and thick. I wouldn’t mind hearing some more variations with the bassline or chord progression. I like how it starts to get more melodic in the second half.

Overall a nice tune. Hope you keep enjoying Renoise, and good luck!