[Fixed 2.7.1] Edit Step Not Saved Anymore

I prefer the way it was before too, never work with edit step 1 ^^

Maybe it’s possible to have an option “default edit step” (set to 1 by default).

Edit : +1 for Edit Step per track…

The issue is that we’ve now been denied control over such a fundamental behavior.

Anyone that prefers any edit step other than 1 as their default understands because their workflow has just been interrupted by a new feature which to them has all the utility of a nag-screen. Also, you could be severely underestimating the number of users that use edit step 0 during the majority of their session. New versions have usually given the user more control, not taken it away.

I don’t understand the problem. Why not make it optional and make everybody happy?

Developer-syndrome.
i.e. “I don’t, why should you?” “Surely people don’t actually use this feature”.

I don’t like toadyism but I have to say that up to this moment I have not see this in renoise dev team.

We all have our own way of working and the tool should suit us not us suit the tool. .

If octave is being remembered now why can’t edit step?

We can’t have nice stuff

Will make it a preference again 2.7.1. So if you leave Renoise with edit step “0”, it will start with “0”. If you load new songs with edit step “0” it will be “0” in the next songs.

Wonderful!! :)

cool! :D

thank you :D

ask (politely) and ye shall receive

What if the edit step was “2”? :panic:

then you change it to a figure you want it to be before closing renoise.
wuts the deel?

you’re safe, 2.7.1 doesn’t support 2

If you want it to always return to 0 on starting Renoise, you can still install the tool the I posted earlier. Personally, I have no need for it now, but it still works.