[fixed] Timing problems with plugin MIDI routing

Running Renoise 3.1 x64. Plugins in Sandboxes. I haven’t been able to test this as thoroughly as I’d like as I only have one plugin that sends MIDI signals, an arpeggiator, but here goes…

Switching from ASIO to Directsound, there’s a noticeable delay in signals coming out of the arpeggiator, resulting in a swing effect and desynchronisation with the rest of the song. I assume this is because of the increase in latency with Directsound (it’s around 150ms, with ASIO at 21ms)?

When I loop a region in the pattern sequencer, after the region has looped once, the signals coming out of some instances of the arpeggiator are bugged, leading to what I can only describe as a chiptune like effect (seems notes are being triggered much faster than they are supposed to be). Interestingly this doesn’t happen when I loop the pattern using the transport or if the song reaches the end and loops back around, only when I set a region in the pattern sequencer.

Both these bugs I can reproduce 100% of the time. Unfortunately I can’t attach an example as I’m using commercial plugins but I can upload a video if that’d help.

Just tested again. The “notes triggering too quickly” bug actually occurs simply when I set a loop region in the pattern sequencer. It sometimes goes away if I clear the loop, or if I set a loop at a different region.

Also, once the bug is triggered, the bug can be saved with the song.

Maybe its related to this issue:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/some-notes-not-playing-regular-notes-phrases-mixed-monophonic-vsti/45790

Took a while, sorry, but I finally found the problem and fixed it for the next update.

MIDI arps/plugins which are synced to the hosts’s timeline (do not start/restart with the first note) could indeed run slightly out of sync, depending on a few things here and there (well, it did not happened always).

Is there a security breach in these forums? Spam is being sneaked!

Spam is being sneaked!

As long as a forum is open for registrations, this will always take place.

Not all spammers are robots, so not even the best captcha can prevent this.

But they usually get reported and banned before you notice it.

As long as a forum is open for registrations, this will always take place.

Not all spammers are robots, so not even the best captcha can prevent this.

But they usually get reported and banned before you notice it.

Thanks!If you want you can delete these last 3 messages, so as not to stain this thread.