Found a bug with the Phrase Editor

Seems there’s a bug in the phrase editor when playing notes with the computer keyboard. I programmed a chord with it for playing it by pressing one single note. If i’m on the main pattern editor, then press a note, the chord plays as expected. But when i now switch to the phrase editor tab, the chord doesn’t play as expected, it plays just one single note. Switching back to the main pattern editor and play a note, the chord plays again as expected. Playing notes on a MIDI keyboard or playing notes with the mouse on the virtual keyboard in the phrase editor works fine in all situations. This just happens when playing notes with the computer keyboard.
Thanks.

Renoise PC version 3.3.2, 64 bit (i don’t know if this also happens with the Mac version)

Steps to reproduce:
1.) load a sample or a VST instrument
2.) program a chord in the phrase editor
3.) press a note on the computer keyboard, just one note plays
4.) press a note on the virtual keyboard on the bottom with the mouse, the whole chord plays as expected
5.) press a note on the MIDI keyboard, the whole chord plays as expected
6.) switch to the main pattern sequencer
7.) play a note on the computer keyboard, the whole chord plays as expected
8.) switch back to the phrase editor
9.) play a note on the computer keyboard, just one single note plays

While the Phrase Editor is open, notes played with the computer keyboard will play the instrument as if no phrase exists, allowing you to still enter notes as normal without triggering the phrase you’re working on. However, notes played via a MIDI device or the on-screen keyboard will trigger the phrase itself.

1 Like

Ah ok. Now i understand. No bug. This is wanted to prevent confusion. Thanks for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.