Free GPU Powered FIR Convolution Reverb Updated

Hey all,
Chris from GPU Audio here - I just want to let you know that we updated the FIR Convolver plugin, following your feedback and support.

Here’s Teff our Senior Product Manager to explain what’s new:

If you havent tried it yet, you can download the plugin here: http://earlyaccess.gpu.audio

Join the the GPU Audio community on Discord: GPU Audio

I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Chris [midierror]

1 Like

Well… my initial thoughts when first stumbling upon this was that it seems to be a commercial project. I kinda got the impression that you’re trying to set a new “standard” by providing a framework with a dubious licensing model.
I don’t have anything against commercial software, but when it comes to low level stuff, libraries, frameworks, I would strongly advise against touching anything that doesn’t have a liberal license and open source.

Correct me if I got it all wrong.

1 Like

Hi Joule,
I really appreciate your honesty there! It’s the result of 15 years work up until now. This release is completely free to download and use and always wil be. I’m not sure of the plan to expand but I do appreciate your thoughts.
Chris

I was guessing that the strategy is to eventually license it to other DAW:s or plugin makers, that will implement it not to fall behind? That cost will eventually fall on the consumer. At the end, monopolism is bad.

On the other hand, I do hope that you succeed technically if possible, so that people will get motivated to create a free alternative :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if we would include our Renoise based IR in that?

Thanks, I have to say the potential for this is pretty staggering. It has implications for networked music sessions, ultra low latency and cloud processing.

I appreciate your honest feedback!

1 Like

Ey,

I’ve updated to the latets nvidia drivers and just tried the latest version of the plugin, but still get the following error message when trying to install;
I don’t have time for joining any discord server, please forward to the devs if possible. I’ll try again when a new version comes out.

1 Like

Did you install the game ready or the studio driver?

1 Like

Don’t know exactly; at first the plugin installer wouldn’t get past a notice saying I needed to update the nvidia drivers. After I did so, I don’t get the particular notice anymore and can install further until the very end where I get the above error. I just read on the kvr forum the minimum needed specs are a 10XX graphics card anyway so my setup fails from the start :slight_smile: . Will try whenever I upgrade my graphics card.

1 Like

Okay, thanks I will pass it on and look into it

I get 30% more on my cpu when loading 1 instance of Gpu audio convolution. But noting in Cubase 12 or Reaper!
What it would be!

1 Like

30% when using Renoise??

Yes 30% with Renoise 3.4.2

It’s on a Laptop.
Windows 10 - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz - RAM 32gb - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060