Fucking Soundcloud ! šŸ˜”

Money is not the main problem. But I think it is too much. Year subscription costs more than renoise!
Iā€™m posting usually only one album per year and a few singles. Distrokid costs only 20$.

Main problem is that most of the artists I follow havenā€™t been posting anything for a long time (but they are posting to another platforms). Maybe it depends on genre. Also there are so much spam. And it seems like they are not doing anything with it

My favorite alternative is Bandcamp.

1 Like

Why would someone like to spend money for buying followers, likes, comments, plays and reposts?
Whatā€™s the point? Pretending success? Fake fans and fake likes? Meaningless comments?

2 Likes

For me bandcamp is not an alternative because If I want to listen to stuff and one artist has 20 singles, that means that i have to click through the website after each track is listened, manually ? Wtf ?
Also, bandcamp is slow for me. I mean even myspace was faster and had a better interface.

I would say soundcloud is the place for everybody, whether fans, labels or musicians, but especially for hobby musicians. Itā€™s a place where you can present your music, whether itā€™s finished, WIP or else. Bandcamp is something else, itā€™s a place primarely for ā€œprosā€ who want to sell their music. There are a couple of hobby musicians, too, but the intention of being on bandcamp is the same, which is the desire to sell music.

1 Like

That sounds silly, i bet they are all generated with bots and fake profiles.
Iā€™ve seen a lot of profiles that wants to ā€˜promoteā€™ your music and some even send obviously generated messages trying to convince you they like your music and can make it famous for you. All just complete bullshit.
I think this is the way internet is going, down the drain. I see the same or even worse on youtube, commercials that are so obvious scams that i donā€™t even understand how anyone could be stupid enough to fall for them.
The same with many news sites, so much nonsense clickbaits and crap commercials.
Iā€™m glad at least they manage to remove the spam in my gmail for the most. That would have been painful to sort through.

Who are ā€œtheyā€? What do you mean?
About 10 years ago when I began to post some music online I got a lot of contacts because of soundcloud. My music was played several times in an Electro show on US radio, I got a contract for publishing music on a french Electro label and Iā€™ve gained several ā€œfriendsā€ who are interested in the same music styles than me. And thatā€™s even though I donā€™t post much, I donā€™t write much and most importantly Iā€™m rarely online. So yes, soundcloud has its cons, but there are pros for sure, too. As I said, in my opinion soundcloud is a place for everybody to present music and talk about it or to make some connections, or simply to listen to music. No more and no less. But itā€™s absolutely not the place for getting famous or selling music.

Of course. I get those kind of messages everytime when I post a new song. But guess what, delete as spam and thatā€™s it, it takes 2 seconds. Furthermore you can block users anytime. But those kind of people are everywhere, even in the Renoise forum. If they wouldnā€™t have any success they wouldnā€™t be anymore, so obviously there must be a lot of dumb fools who think a random person without any references can make you famous through soundcloud, no matter what music style youā€™re creatingā€¦ :roll_eyes:

The bought likes and comments. At least that is what i thought you were talking about?

I donā€™t think theyā€™re people, iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re all just bots with generated profiles.

I pay full fee for soundcloud for many years, still they donā€™t even spend a little of that money to improve the site and stop all those bots. It would have been very easy to fix using some captcha to avoid these.
Imo this is very bad customer service and makes me wonder what iā€™m actually paying for?

for me, paying is all about

• upload time
  • replace audio (do mixing revision x242123)
  • mastering service?

I donā€™t know what youā€™re paying for. The only thing soundcloud can do is to sell webspace. You have to generate listeners completely by yourself and thereā€™s no more system to get in touch with someone else like the groups did in the past, at least a little bit. I would never pay 45-100 ā‚¬ per year for that ā€œserviceā€.

No, recently we talked about the comparison between soundcloud and bandcamp. 4 weeks ago there was one guy who suggested to buy followers, likes, comments, plays and reposts. See above,

Also, like mentioned before, the sound quality of SoundCloud is really bad.
Also compared to bandcamp.

I replied to this post:

If it was wrong of me to reply to this iā€™d like an explanation why?

The only reason why i pay for sc is because this is the service i started using and i ran out of space so i had to pay for adding more tracks. Back then there were less bots on sc and the price was less than half of what it is today. Iā€™ve always found sc very convenient for quickly posting tracks and it has become a habit and i have more than 200 tracks uploaded, so itā€™s not done in five minutes to migrate to another service, but eventually that is the plan.

For those who want to upload every track it might be worth the money. To me soundcloud is like a current demo tape. There are only a couple of tracks online, and every track will be replaced from time to time. Personally Iā€™ve got around 30 tracks online and it will never be more than that.

Ok, I see. I didnā€™t click on the arrow, I thought youā€™re referring to the last comments. My bad. But of course it will never be wrong to reply to anything. When someoneā€™s writing in a forum he most likely will receive a reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, maybe these profiles are bots. The messages theyā€™re posting are often literally the same. But it could also be that they are people working on commission basis and not being able to get a real job. But I guess youā€™re right, most of them are probably bots. Iā€™m also wondering about profiles without any own music content but having thousands of followers. I donā€™t get it.

I assume that the fake profile bots are the ones leaving the comments and following each other. I might be wrong, but if iā€™m right i canā€™t see why it would be so hard to make a bot filter? If there is anything suspicious with a message/comment/profile, roll out a captcha and problem is solved.
The only reason i can think why they donā€™t do anything about it is that sc either makes the bots themselves or they benefit from them somehow. Anything else wouldnā€™t make much sense in my book. So thatā€™s why i agree with the thread title.

Try Mixupload ) You can upload unlimited tracks for free ))) I use it since 2014.

1 Like